Hot Lure: Mag NBK and Big Weenie Rolling Rock

Trolling Speed: 2-4

Down Speed: 2.1-2.7

Boat Depth: 130-300

Lure Depth: 90-110 Kings

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We managed to bring 77.90lb box in. No where near the leaders but we had a great time. Friday we got out on the water around for prefishing at 9 and drove staight out in 300 fow and trolled east working are way back in. I started to turn green but then the steelies and kings kept us busy for a bit and everything was ok after that :P . It was certainly a challenge fishing in that weather. Boat control and speed was hard to maintain and keep in the sweet spot. It was a good learning curve for me. Our big king of the day I think for the day was 17lbs. The bite seemed to slow down after 12 but I had some what of a game plan for Saturday which is all I asked for.

Saturday we setup west more in 300 FOW again and trolled with the waves and into them. Flasher/fly bite on everything. 2 dipsies set at 300 320 and 3 rigger set at 90, 100 and 110. 475 copper on the board. I didnt feel comfortable running much more then that in the weather but it was enough to keep us busy. Down speed 2.3 to 2.7 was the sweet spot to keep the kings interested.

Anyways, it did not take to long for a king to smash the rolling rock. It peeled about 150ft of line and then it was off :( just like that. We had a steady action all morning but we kept loosing fish on their ential run so everytime we got a fish on I just slowed the boat down, which killed us. No doubles and it took forever to get the fish in it seemed but we stopped dropping fish. Which is what counts. The drags were loose. We kept picking at the fish but just could not pick up the big guys. Our biggest fish of the day weighed in at 16.55lbs. Again we had a great time and the food was great. Thank Tom and all who put this together. I will see you guys at the Salmon River Challenge.

Here some pics from friday. I will post a short GoPro video maybe wed or when I get time.

53f8828f.jpg

1d30a05d.jpg

Was great seeing you again Rob.....glad you guys had a good time!!!

It was certainly a challenge fishing in that weather. Boat control and speed was hard to maintain and keep in the sweet spot.

So true....I would say it was one of my biggest challenges also with a youth team and trying to do it all by myself. In the end, you had fun and that's what matters. You'll have your day at the top soon enough...just keep at it and don't stop enjoying the moment :yes:

Thanks everyone! It was certainly rough but after we landed a few fish it was not to bad. It just makes it that much more challenging. I got to have something on my feet too! That's steve who is barefoot. He is a nut!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png