VIDEO - Chinook Salmon Fishing

Excellent video...love the different camera angles!! Even one on the net...very cool. Wich camera is it for the net and the outrigger...my wife just bought me the gopro hero for fathers day.

Tom

Nice work with the multiple-camera editing. Looks great. :yes:

I'd be nervous just being on the boat with that Canon, let alone mounting it to a kayak. The results are terrific though - keep it up.

Yeah I can't wait to put it to use, I have to get the 32gb card first I put a 1gb in and that will get me 10min. worth of video... :lol:

Tom

A 32gb class 10 card will serve you well. We're using Sandisk and Kingston cards and generally haven't had to change out cards during a normal outing. Extra batteries are a must, though. They only last about an hour on the 1080 30p setting (r5).

Mortigan and Just Fishin', thanks for the feedback!

We spent a fair bit of time getting comfortable with the kayaks before adding the camera mounts and taking the Canon's for a test drive. We've since taken them on some good wilderness adventures. If everything goes well we should have a new video out from different locations and featuring different species every week to 10 days. Out on the lake again tomorrow for rainbows so the next video might not be too far off ...

I have another question is there a program to burn gopro videos to dvd. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We do multicamera editing (sometimes 4 different camera models and 12 cameras) for our videos in the Final Cut Pro suite of software which includes DVD Studio Pro for DVD authoring. There must be an easier, less expensive way of editing just GoPro footage only and burning to DVD - I'm just not sure what it is! I'll take a look into it and post back.