Directions to shipping lanes off Galloo?

Here is an article on fishing the shipping lanes from Bill Saiff. Just look on your map or gps...it's the deep trench just off Galoo Island. Be sure to only fish the American side unless you have a Canadian Lic. A lot of guys will troll the edge of the wall, but it's tricky because it's not strait. You need a good gps and depth finder to fish it properly.

http://www.billsaiffoutdoors.com/saiff/article1.htm

got a little king in the trench last week havent made it too the shipping lanes the waves are insane coming inbetween stony island and the high rock. hope i can check out the lanes sometimes but the trench is a blast i love it out there! good luck finding info i tried for months finally just went out there blind and figured it out1

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I am certain they are catching kings in the lanes right now, because Saiff just posted it on facebook a couple days ago. I plan to fish it within the next couple weeks. It's a pretty long run and there is no cell phone service out there.

The people who fish it seem to keep a lid on how, where & when....reason being it's a tight troll along the wall and not many boats can work it at one time. It only takes one boat that does it wrong to mess the troll up for anyone else trolling the wall. If you don't already have a newer one, get the Eastern Basin Hot Spots chart map for Lake Ontario. It will show you the shipping lanes off of Galloo. You will see the "wall" is not strait. Stick to the lower 1/2 half and fish right along the drop off....it's steep so be on your toes or you'll go from 150 to 60 before you know it. Look around until you mark fish. On the chart, you will notice an area of the wall that dips in (south)....it's known locally as the cup. That is a good area to work in a south wind. In a west wind, fish about 2 miles SW towards the end of the wall close to the us/ca line. It's known as the honey hole.

There is also the west wall and the false trench(north wind), but they are hard to explain.

Hope this helps.

Good meeting you at Gander yesterday. We spent the afternoon retying our wire rods and loading all the downrigger rods with 30lb Big Game to try to avoid the fleas. With any luck, we'll get out this afternoon.