King vrs. Coho

Fishtails

Ended our season yesterday with a Salmon feast of summer Kings & Coho's on the grill at a friends house. He really knows how to cook them right and they were really enjoyable. I have to say, the coho's outdid the kings though. Do you all find this to be true? Side by side, the Coho was lighter and much tastier than the King. Do you guys prefer one over the other for table fare?

As for catching the Coho's off Oswego, I didn't get into them until early September. Why is that? Where were they all season? Were they there, but at different depths than the kings? Even so, we picked up steelies all season and I know they like warmer water than the kings, so shouldn't we have picked up a stray Coho once in awhile had they been there?

I'd like to learn more about them for next year and target them a little more. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Rod

yup ,fish in tight to the nuke plant MAKE SHURE you stay outside the marker bouys 50 /60 ft water when the temps allow the cohos are there ill bet a dollar there stacked there in the spring too all that warm water pulls in the bait and now no one can get close to the plant so they got there own little safty zone.if ya fish it in the spring use the coho rig on the lead andblk/silver,purple silver,grey and natural color sticks on the boards.if ya run what they like youll get em,,.......

Rod,

If the coho on Lake O are anything like the coho on Lake Michigan you can not run a better set up than a 00 Luhr Jensen dodger pulling coho candy. This setup is responsible for a lot of coho on lake michigan every year.

Matt

No Rich....we were the Lucky Enuff team. You remember, don't you? The boat that had two dead batteries and got in under CG power....lol :$

I met you, your dad, Jax and your bro @ Wrights pulling our boats out. Our boat was perfect the rest of the season, but that was pretty embarrasing! The CG makes you wear your life vests coming in so you look like a bunch of little girls :D

Rod