newbies joining our site just to sell their stuff

I see another post from someone brand new to this site and its their second post and they are trying to unload a boat!! People are turning our site into craigslist!! Dont get me wrong i love buying and selling on here but i just notice more and more people joining just to unload their stuff. And most arw asking way too much! Maybe you should have to be a professional to be able to post in classifieds at least then they would jave to shell out $20 to post here?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

! Maybe you should have to be a professional to be able to post in classifieds at least then they would jave to shell out $20 to post here?

Maybe a minimum post count..lets say 20 post on the forum before you can sell in the classified section? One thing I do notice on other forums is that a healthy and active classified section brings in a lot of traffic which is good for the forum owners.

The ones that bother me the most are the charter captains that only post in classifieds. For the most part all most all the captains on here give advice and reports but there are a couple who never posted anything but in classifieds and every day they bump it up to the top

I think many times there's good deals posted by newbies too. Maybe they want to unload stuff as they are getting out of fishing themselves, or a family member is. Boats listed for thousands of dollars is a different story.

You don't need to be a member to read the forums and use the search feature. Look at the bottom of the forums and see all the guests that are on at any time. Not everyone is willing to make posts and prefer to use the search function to find the info they want. Then comes a day they want to sell something and they go to the site they frequent and must now register in order to make that post. I assume Blue Eye get advertising revenue based on the number of visitors, registered or not. More visitors means more revenue which makes this a better free site for all.

I think it a good thing that people come on to post their goods. If you don't like the prices or the goods don't deal. It is a hard economy out there and if someone needs to make a few bucks or look for a better buy why not?

I'm a newbie and this site was recommended to me by a friend to advertise my boat for sale. I could tell immediately by the lack of response/questions that I was not one of the good ole' boys. I was told this would be a good site to advertise my Penn Yan 225. oh well

I fish Erie/Western & Central basins only, and see no-where to post fishing reports.

So I'll continue to lurk, and join in the This Old Boat forum when I have something to offer.

Well, the site is kinda named "Lake Ontario United"...not Erie :D

Seriously, though, you could post under warm water species, or just throw a line in the section for the big pond. I'm sure guys would be interested in hearing about your results, but that's not really what the site's about. Even so, I seen this one guy they call Ray K., a legend in these parts, post pictures of lobsters, and there ain't none of them 'round here. :lol:

As for "good 'ole boys", maybe not so much so. As Mickey-D's says, "billions and billions served". Have you seen the number of people that belong here? That a lot of good 'ole boys. And girls. I think that folks who post here a lot get possessive about the site and don't want to see it overly commercialized. My personal feeling is that there's not enough of an issue to make noise about. If there gets to be, then the idea about limiting classifieds to professional members makes some sense.

As for a boat not getting much response, well...there's lots of boats out there and the sports who frequent this board are fairly knowledgeable on whole about watercraft. I'd have to guess that the boat was priced somewhat high. There's always a buyer, at the right price. Good luck moving your rig.

I hope that you stay on board here and contribute, too. If so, welcome and tight lines.

I see another post from someone brand new to this site and its their second post and they are trying to unload a boat!! People are turning our site into craigslist!! Dont get me wrong i love buying and selling on here but i just notice more and more people joining just to unload their stuff. And most arw asking way too much! Maybe you should have to be a professional to be able to post in classifieds at least then they would jave to shell out $20 to post here?

"asking way too much" I can name one boat in particular, but I won't! :lol: