Honeoye / Conesus?

Guppy35

I'm looking to expand my bass fishing to a few more lakes rather than my usual Keuka, Lamoka, and Waneta trips. I have never been on Honeoye or Conesus, but i've heard some good reports from both. Can anybody give me some information as to where on these two lakes would be a good place to start for bass and maybe pike as well? I will be coming from Bath/Corning area.

Thank You!

Sean

Honeoye - Amazing fishery! Tons of Bass in the 8-15" range. If you want to catch numbers this is the lake for you. You can catch them from the docks to 15' of water. Hot spots are the major point on each side of the Lake as well as the north and south ends. Honestly, you can catch them all around the Lake all day long.

Conesus - Trophy Lake! Puts out some really big LM's and there are some great SM in there is you can catch them. They are much easier to target in late Fall through the Winter though. The LM can be caught all over the Lake as well, but the north end is a huge weed bed that puts out many tourney winning bags. There are also nice weed edges you can fish along the sides, but they vary year to year.

Went to Honeoye, opening day and two of us were well over 3 dozen LMs all around 12 inches. Caught a few dinks and a few big ones too. I don't think it matters where you start, just keep moving. I never went after LMs on Conesus but I have seen some pigs spawning there in May. I too would like to go back there for LMs. It would be exciting to hit that occassional Pike/Tiger.

Honeoye used to be really great for smallmouths as well as largemouths. Seems like the smallies have thinned out a bit, but I know they are still there. While you're exploring, try over the hill in Canadice... both are in there in good #s. No more than a 10 horse motor though. Kayak, canoes, or if U R lazy or hurting electric trollers will work. You can do some from shore, too, but you'll always want 2 B getting "just over there". Hemlock is good , too....with same motor rules. (Canoes and kayaks are nicer.....).