rumor of ethanol free gas ban at western NY reservations???

Anyone heard of this?...I got word from a friend that the Basom NY reservations that were selling ethanol free gas got orders to stop selling it. Not sure where the order originates, Albany, DC, or what. This just sucks if true.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Skip, last time I was at the rez, the kid pumping said E-10, no stickers on the pump. Also one of my co-workers saw E-10 stickers on pumps at another gas station that apparently didn't have E-10 in the past. The idea of burning corn (food) must have come from the brightest minds in the eco-community. What are we going to do when this administration forces E-85 on us?

Anyone heard of this?...I got word from a friend that the Basom NY reservations that were selling ethanol free gas got orders to stop selling it. Not sure where the order originates, Albany, DC, or what. This just sucks if true.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png[/quote

I don't believe the state or feds have any orders about not selling non ethanol gas. That choice is made by the gas stations mainly because there is more profit in it for them vs non ethanol gas which is also much more expensive. The gas distributors may also opt to not carry any non ethanol gas because of profit margins and some don't, but it is available. The marina where I keep my boat just switched to non ethanol gas this year so I doubt there is any order to stop selling it. It is more expensive but in my opinion well worth it. Not sure how these rumors get started.

What ever it is, like Carl said they have been without it for more than a month. Their gas comes from Canada. In the past the NYS govt has been a thorn in the side of the natives for tax related issues on lots of things.

What my observations are, contrary to the bottom line profits are, is that the station selling ethanol gas while I'm across the street on the reservation (both stations native owned) is that it is basically dormant. Customers at the one station with non ethanol outnumber the one with ethanol dozens to NONE!

Profit for the station selling the non at even .005 cents over supplier is higher than the other even if the other sold theirs at .05 over supplier based on volume alone over time. It is the demand that drives the profit at a lower margin and at higher volume over time. Could just be a supply glitch with the brand from Canada (more likely, since the demand for ethanol free is high)...I don't think the govt is mandated on ethanol gas but they do have a suspicious trend in the actions of the sovereign territorial govt of the natives. I just hope it is temporary and if anyone goes to the Arrowhawk and finds the truth of presence of NON ethanol, please respond. I will likely be down there myself coming July 4 th and see for myself and let everyone here know what the real reason and outcome is.

Mark

What ever it is, like Carl said they have been without it for more than a month. Their gas comes from Canada. In the past the NYS govt has been a thorn in the side of the natives for tax related issues on lots of things.

What my observations are, contrary to the bottom line profits are, is that the station selling ethanol gas while I'm across the street on the reservation (both stations native owned) is that it is basically dormant. Customers at the one station with non ethanol outnumber the one with ethanol dozens to NONE!

Profit for the station selling the non at even .005 cents over supplier is higher than the other even if the other sold theirs at .05 over supplier based on volume alone over time. It is the demand that drives the profit at a lower margin and at higher volume over time. Could just be a supply glitch with the brand from Canada (more likely, since the demand for ethanol free is high)...I don't think the govt is mandated on ethanol gas but they do have a suspicious trend in the actions of the sovereign territorial govt of the natives. I just hope it is temporary and if anyone goes to the Arrowhawk and finds the truth of presence of NON ethanol, please respond. I will likely be down there myself coming July 4 th and see for myself and let everyone here know what the real reason and outcome is.

Mark

Fair enough. Tax related issues with the natives have been going on for awhile in NYS. Most of the profit issues have more to do with the distributor rather than the gas station as some distributors have a much higher profit margin seller ethanol gasoline. With that said, the expiration of the ethanol subsidies might change that somewhat, but there is political forces also in play here that aren't going away anytime soon. I do know that there is no ethanol or non ethanol gas mandate by the feds, NYS or anyone else. If that is incorrect then someone show proof.