Conesus Advice needed for Conesus Lake summer fishing

I'm coming up the week of July 8th and will be fishing Conesus Lake a couple times. My brother & I took a charter with Fishing Guide Andy Donato and really had a lot of fun last July 2011. we caught bass, muskie. Unfortunately we can't afford the charter this year. We do have a boat. Can any one share an artificial set up or live bait set up to help us get started? Thanks in advance Trapper K.

Hi trapper. Spend a week at conesus last summer bass fishing . We caught a lot of big ones. Beat advice i can give is fish 8-12 ft of water along weed edges. We used senkos texas rigged with a light bullet weight. Southeast corner was the best from about a quarter mile up and along the south shore to where the cottages end. Good Luck!

Hey Bottom line is a fish is a fish and no matter how much you have them figured out there are way to many variables. Just use techniques that are proven to work and stick with them and you should put some slime on the boat. Having fun is the ticket, catching is a reward. Senkos, and tubes are almost always a safe bet on any lake for bass, crankbaits and stickbaits along weelines (8-15') are always good eearly mornigns and late afternoons. Good luck there are fish all over that lake. ;)

Hi jcar585 & 33canuck, thanks so much for the advice. You gave us plenty to work with. It gives my brother & I a chance to enjoy fishing together. If you ever need a heads up to Tampa Bay Fishery in Florida. You let TrapperK know. Keep your rod tip up and your line tight!!!

• 4 weeks later...

012_12.jpg

025_25.jpg

Again I can't thank you fisherman enough. My brother and I fished two good days during this week earlier this month on Conesus. As you can see my brother Doug caught a wonderful Northern on a chartruese buzz bait w/ silver blade. The northern is 39-40" long and weighed in at about 10#'s. launched about 3-4 times completely out of the water. I'm the one holding a couple bass. We caught easily over 20+ bass together over the two days. We caught them on the pumpkinseed senkos either wacky or drop shot rigged and a midget fat boy shallow runner in bass colors. I think I'm going to expand my color selection on the fat boys and buzz baits. We had a memorable time. We also found a couple nice spots to go back to next year. I really appreciate everybodys help and input. Keep your line tight and your rod tip up! TrapperK

• 1 year later...