Best Fillet Knife

Forschner. I use both sizes, you will not find a better knife. Maintains a nice edge and is easy to sharpen. I will never buy another brand. The longer one they offer will fillet many fish with just one pass if your good.

Forschner. I use both sizes, you will not find a better knife. Maintains a nice edge and is easy to sharpen. I will never buy another brand. The longer one they offer will fillet many fish with just one pass if your good.

You can do one side from the head to the tail, flip it over and do the other from the tail to the head!!! Great Knife, their bread knife is also great for steaking!!

Just picked up and used the 10" Forschner Cimeter. some of the best $$ I spent so far. SCARY sharp, great feel. Worth every penny. Before this, I use the Cuto fisherman's solution. Little complaints about that one too. More flex than the Forschner, and works great on the smaller fish.

i just make a redneck sheath for my knives. all my meat cutters do the same. just cut 2 pieces of cardboard a little bigger than the blade. duct tape them together. instant sheath.for transporting knives go to the hardware store and get a piece of threaded pvc. glue on a bottom piece then get a screw on top. the 6 inch holds 5 large knives. the sheath saves you $30 so that is 2 more flasher fly combos!

i just make a redneck sheath for my knives. all my meat cutters do the same. just cut 2 pieces of cardboard a little bigger than the blade. duct tape them together. instant sheath.for transporting knives go to the hardware store and get a piece of threaded pvc. glue on a bottom piece then get a screw on top. the 6 inch holds 5 large knives. the sheath saves you $30 so that is 2 more flasher fly combos!

8):yes:

I have been using Forschner Fillet Knives for years doing Deer Processing an absolutely incredible knife Super Durable and incredibly Sharp... There is no other knife for the price that I will use... Except for Skinning Deer then I have a nice Remington blade that comes with a Sheath for $30 online....... Woody

I am about to buy the Bubba blade fillet knife. http://www.bubbablade.com Its around $50. does anyone have this knife, how do you like it? Any other fillet knife I should be looking at instead? Thanks.

I saw the Bubba blade on TV and decided to try one. Great knife, works like a charm on those big Chinooks, goes thru the bones and skin like butter. Easy to sharpen, a few strolls on the steel sharpener and keep on going.

I don't regret getting it.

Miko