Hemlock 06/30

Very late start @900 am, but got out by myself to finally give the new ride a try. Trolled from N. launch to a couple miles down with riggers @ 45 & 55 ft. over 70 ft. Nada. Really a shakedown cruise to see what needs changed or modified on boat, no big deal. Fid get personal brst perch on West side in 25 fow, but he was alone....... Cant wait to get rest of boat rigged up so I can hit it hard this summer.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Personal best yellow perch....in Hemlock? Verrry EEnteresting :mmm: !! I know it's a perch, but a pb in a lake not particularly noted for them... But why not- the fingers are awesome, and Hemlock does have big 'eyes to boot. Care to share any details on the "take" of this pb perch......?

In 20 +/- FOW, dropped a large yellow Foxee jig tipped with a little crawler, down within 1 foot of the bottom. Bounce, bounce, WHAM! Measured probably around 13" +/-. Unfortunately, not much to tell, and as I said, he was alone.

Thanks.. 20ft or so on the bottom...I'll bet he was not alone!! Chances are there were others nearby, of the same jack perch size. May even have been some walleyes near there too. If U had a sonar, U might have seen other fish around there, as, even in jumbo size the perch tend to school, and sometimes 'eyes can be there with them. Hemlock has some big 'eyes which I had never known of until recently, as posted on LOU and in New York Outdoors News. Finding one perch that was willing to take an offering might have allowed you to "work" the area with other offerings and possibly catch some others...

Had sonar, very few marks showing all day. Fishing was very slow that day. :(

Hitting Hemlock again tomorrow with the wife, she actually wants to go fishing for her birthday! :party: (Probably because her mother is going to watch the little ones for us, and she will actually be able to keep a rod in the water for more than 15 seconds without a child trying to go into the lake!)