sodus ,,,,sat and sunday ...not great but not bad !!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS Well for my 2 nd trip to the lake this YEAR ;( it wernt too bad..

Fri started with a great meal at ABE,s I tell ya he has a good chef...so i snuck to the water at sunset and found some 3 to 4 ftrs and 1 small6 lb brown ..wasnt really fishing just threw down 2 rods and wanted to have a look a bout with the fish finder and watch the sun set..

Sat we got out before sunrise another Important (sunrise) part of my fishing trips,must be getting old ...

well im loosin my touch for good reports due to memory loss..but we did manage to scrape about 20 fish 1/2 kings and 1/2 lakers..found some good water just west of maxwell in 120 to 150 fow...

Sunday we were greeted by another great sunrise as we motered to where we left off sat was a tad slow and the bite was a hit and run for a few hours with some landed it was perfect salmon chop with a wind strong enuf to have to run the main motor to head into it...thats when i noticed my amp guage was at 10 volts well a quick call to my "boat Doc" Hank L&M repair had me wackin the alternator with a stick and bingo the sticky brushes gave me my juice back ,WITH A RESPONSE OF RAY IF YOU NEED ILL FIRE UP MY BOAT AND COME GET YA ON THE WATER..Yes Hank is a dying breed willin to take part of his day to drop everything and help a friend and customer...Yer a GREAT MAN POPS.!!!!!! Thank You..

anyways we stuck to the 130ish fow line with the thermo(VERY SHARP THERMO) close to 100 ft down i love it when 10 ft can make a 20 deg diff.in temp. really puts the wedge on the fish and easy fishing (no brainer) for us old farts (no sharts this trip Musky) :o

had some cool inversions and currents ..a real good teachin senerio for the newer guys for these conditions..

never got any derby fish (had a tad over 10 laker) worth killin for a few bucks..

sunday had many teenagers willin to play ,couple browns and a 2lb laker killed my spread for some time too.

sat we did pull a 10 lb atlantic with only 1 jump and a green run to the boat with a quick net job I gave him a wack with the stick and it killed it so I had to keep It..(thanks Ben) guess the stick is better to bringing the alternator to life ,than it is to a fish.

Sunday was gettin a tad bumpy around 3 so we headed to the cleaning station to end the trip..

HEY THE KIDS LET ME REEL IN 1 FISH EACH DAY TOO THAT WAS REALLY COOL...THANKS GUYS.

The worst part of the trip was NO Cherries due to the bad frost this spring,,, ;( I always look forward to the fruit stand stops on my excersions...

Thank You Ben and Wayne for yer part its nice to have a crew solid enuf to run the boat and set the rods so i could take my NAP.

Hey I,m gettin old !!

====================

Good Job Ray. That Brown we caught ended up weighing in officially at 13 lbs flat. Probably was 4 or 5 oz heavier when we caught it. At 13 lbs flat it didn't even make the top 20. We trolled for about 2 hours after catching that Brown and couldn't get a rod to fire. We then decided to head back toward port in about 150 feet and run over some marks I have in that area. We ended up getting into a pile of steelhead and landed 4 steelies in the last hour. Then, just before we pulled rods we caught a 10 or 11 lb brown. Everything but that last Brown was on divers out around 300 feet running Spindoctors and Atomik flies. NO Salmon for us...not even a skippy. Pretty unusual because that is just about all we have caught this year so far. That last Brown was on a 42nd spoon on rigger down 100.

That wind and current was crazy. My 20hp kicker at wide open could'nt get my speed above 2.2 knots when heading into it. Of course....that is about 1 knot faster than you like to go :rofl:

We had to threaten Jolly to get him to land one on his own boat. Turned out to be the first of the year he'd caught himself - a drawback to being an active charter captain ;)

dont tell the wife skip she was my fishing partner fri,,,,then i got a ticket at the dock for excessive waves ................and we were tied up at the dock :lol:

:lipssealed: ..you go man!...:rofl:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

HEY THE KIDS LET ME REEL IN 1 FISH EACH DAY TOO THAT WAS REALLY COOL...THANKS

Hey I,m gettin old

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You are getting old Ray you reeled in way more then one fish and I tried giving you more but you wouldn't take it.

Ok,Wayne,

After many fish fought by me over the years I still enjoy it . But as my mom would say about such things when i was a kid..."Someday You Will Understand".. Trust me it was more enjoying seeing you and others have a great time fishing..Besides I know what a monster king hookup sounds like.. :o I would of beat ya to that rod if it happened.. :lol: ,,,besides you had yer back to the rods 90% of the time and i had to ask " wonder what makes that rod look like that ?"

gotta go gonna have a nice salmon dinner .................rats im the cook.

you were not kidding about that goat cheese plate... that looks great!

416799_2837437699027_1351770887_32167101_2015871361_n.jpg

Fresh mozzarella not goat cheese and some really bad looking bread but hey what do I know

Sounds Like a typical Ray K trip, waves, small fish :lol: , him letting everyone else land the fish and an all around great time :yes::yes:

Good report Ray.... You and many others have figured out that there is more to fishing than just the fish.....but it sure does make the trip more fun when you can put a few in the cooler!!! Good job Ray and team special"K" !!