Walleye fishing - where to go? Conesus, Honeoye, Hemlock?

A friend of mine wants to go night fishing for walleyes... I've never fished for walleyes before - what's the best lake to go to? I know many say Oneida or Erie but that's a bit of a drive, plus I only have a small boat. Would you go to Conesus, Honeoye or Hemlock? Any tips?

Thanks much!

Honeoye. Just before sunset...Fish real close to shore on the southwest and west sides with floaters (original silver rapalas of any castable size, or any silvery floating minnow bait) till U can't see 2 cast. Then try trolling with any trollable minnow baits a liitle out from the shore, over about 6 to 15 ft. depth following either east or west shoreline. When casting. cast right up to almost the shoreline; "weeding" through those annoying bass :P can pick up some nice 'eyes. And do the same by the north end of the lake. There are plenty of walleyes in the lake, but usually the bass will "get in the way". These tactics have worked for us in the fall, and I imagine they would this time of year, too. If there are 2 many weeds when trolling. they will hit weedless spoons such as Johnson's Silver Minnows or any kind of weedless spoon, with maybe a small piece of pork rind or even Gulp Leech attached to the spoon....

I wouldn't go near that place on 7/3 any year unless I was around a campfire with a beer in hand... The ring of fire is a big event and will be a zoo

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

True, honeoye and conesus will be swamped for the next couple days. Might be worth giving hemlock a shot

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I wouldn't go near that place on 7/3 any year unless I was around a campfire with a beer in hand... The ring of fire is a big event and will be a zoo

True, honeoye and conesus will be swamped for the next couple days. Might be worth giving hemlock a shot

Honeoye as well??? Gah!

Where on Hemlock? Southern end weeds?

Honeoye as well??? Gah!

Where on Hemlock? Southern end weeds?

Southern part of the lake, around the thermocline

No worse than on hemlock

You'll be fine. I do all my fishing out of a 16ft sea nympth backtroller and a honda 9.9. Erie, ontario, canandaigua. Just watch the weather, head in at the first sign of wind/storm/building waves.

Jig 3/4oz jigheads near the drops out in front of conesus launch 20-50fow. Rig up some trailer hooks so you can stick em when they try n rob ya. Leaches

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Bucktails plastic or plain with a crawler or leech?

Have you considered irondequoit bay

no, but that's an option. but how would a hemlock size boat and motor handle in I bay?

I have had my 8 ft bass hound on I-bay and Sodus bay with 10mph winds. My only concern was with pleasure boaters. This is the advantage of fishing Hemlock. You don't have to worry about some teenager on a jet ski running into you or a guy checking out the blonde on his yacht swamping you. I implore you to be careful on the Ontario Bays and St. Lawrence. Pleasure boaters can be extremely dangerous on these water bodies.

They also have walleye in silver lake and lake alice. I have no experience fishing either, but these may also be options. Wrong night in my opinion. Thursday will be better. Good luck to you. My walleye fishing will start back up in August. Too much bait right now.

Yes, the Fourth celebrations around Honeoye and Conesus would B a little tuff, but after those couple of days or so it should be excellent on any of the lakes. If U had 2 go out on those eves, because of work, vaca, or just opportunity, than Hemlock would B the one..

Jig 3/4oz jigheads near the drops out in front of conesus launch 20-50fow. Rig up some trailer hooks so you can stick em when they try n rob ya. Leaches

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Bucktails plastic or plain with a crawler or leech?

Yes