Bellow repair

Have a 99 Trophy w/ alpha one mercruiser outdrive. Went to head out yesterday, heard water trickling in the bilge, pulled the boat out and saw the bellow on the throttle cable is torn and leaking. Repair was quoted @ $800 for all bellows, but others are fine but replaced as the outdrive has to come off. Really would like to seal up the small 5/8 hose so the boat is not out of service for [rime salmon fishing. Gorilla tape maybe? Main bellows are fine. Open to ideas, thanks

You have to pull the outdrive to do the repair on the throttle cable bellows, so do them all and your good for years. If you don't do the exhaust bellows it may fail next year then your in the same position pulling the outdrive again.

Your braver then I if you use tape to correct the problem, as I believe the tear in the bellows will grow as you work the outdrive under normal conditions. good luck :yes:

You have to pull the outdrive to do the repair on the throttle cable bellows, so do them all and your good for years. If you don't do the exhaust bellows it may fail next year then your in the same position pulling the outdrive again.

Your braver then I if you use tape to correct the problem, as I believe the tear in the bellows will grow as you work the outdrive under normal conditions. good luck :yes:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Changing bellows is not for the faint of heart.. I just did mine.. I related it to be a lot like putting socks on a fighting rooster.

BUY A VOLVO :)

So what was that, the boat version of buy a fishhawk ???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::P:P:P

Changing bellows is not for the faint of heart.. I just did mine.. I related it to be a lot like putting socks on a fighting rooster.

BUY A VOLVO :)

So what was that, the boat version of buy a fishhawk ???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::P:P:P

No TIM you just have to know how to choke your chicken!!

i agree mercrusier bellows are very tight room to work. drive must come off. period. a complete transom kit is needed-all bellows and hoses. or... you will be doing all this again soon is you only replace just the one. just my opinion, thats what i would do.

She is going in on Tuesday am to Seager marine. My buddies are getting me in and out in one day. All bellows, shift cable and gimble bearing. Should be ready to get back on the water real soon. Just wanted to spooge it up to use it for this weekend, but decided not to take any chances :yes: