seneca lake where are they

Thermal cline is at 60ft. Fish are out deep from 40 to 120 down. Dipsys out 180 to 280 with white spinnys and Seneca ghost or reel hooked up flies from Big Weenie put some big Lakers in the boat yesterday. Spoons off the rigers down 40 to 80 took lots of fish

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I live on the seneca Cayuga canal about 5 mins by boat im new to trolling and trout fishing ive been trying in front of sampson and around that area with no luck but i have no idea what im doing im really still tryin to learn my equipment

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Are you seeing fish on the sonar? What kind of gear, downriggers, dipsys?

Also take a look in the Finger Lakes section and read some of that stuff. Try green spoons or flasher/flies or white like HookedUp says for lakers.

Some reports have a lot of info about tackle in them, what works on Cayuga will also work on Seneca. You could also try asking questions in the FL section might get more responses.

try west side in am and pm...first and last two hours....marking alloootttt of bait stacked on the shelf when west wind pushes em in tight....i mainly run copper and fish a handline... been getting post spawn jacks @ the top of the shelf from 35 to 21 ft of water.....if u can keep the weeds off....then as i pull off the shelf headed deep i seem to get random L.Ls and browns....nothing huge ....but always with bellys fullll of bait....they spit them @ you when they get in the boat.no bows for me yet this year.... but riggers with suttons and dipsys with pro flies and dreanweavers are the trick out deep...green is the color. i put green ribbed tape on all my suttons b4 they go down....lakers are taking on my handline off the bottom in 45ft out to 80 ft. good action from belhurst to just south of Kashong....havnt been down to dresdon yet this year...havnt needed to go that far to find heavy schools of bait and fish surrounding them.....also have had luck vert jigging berkley gulp, big minnows 4inch in smelt and the white saltwater ones on 3/4 oz. white jighead with orange eyes and black jigheads with white eyes just after the morning bite shuts down.....puts another trout or two in the boat b4 u wana go in for brunch! :beer:

Try cowbells with a peanut behind them about 18 inches right on the bottom on the north end in 80 to 120 feet of water. Troll east to west at 2 mph or slower in the morning this works well good luck

• 2 weeks later...