CAYUGA

Its been a little tough for the last week or 2 according to my neighbor. I haven't been out cause I was fishing sea run Atlantic Salmon in New Brunswick for the last 10 days. I was thinking about going out sat morning but I have a feeling there is going to be some strong NW winds and I have a gig sat too.

I've hit Cayuga hard the two weekends, I really don't have too much info to offer other than we fished Myers north to Cedar Cove or the end of lansing Station and did ok but couldn't put a real productive pattern together. we fished down from 70 to 110 on the riggers and 140 to 210 out on wire and we caught fish in 90 to 250 ft of water. Too many to count small salmon, 2 nice browns 7lbs range and the lakers we caught ranged 24 to 29 inches. We did well on lakers in front of Myers- tons of bait around 100 feet. I'll be out Fri eve, Sat and Sun. I thinking running North to fish Miliken and Sheldrake and see what happens.

John

I haven't been out either. Spent 3 hours in my boat last Saturday, only problem was there wasn't any water under it :shock: . (PM'ed both engines and did a some dinking around on Li`L Buddy).

Not sure yet if I'll be fishing this weekend Vince. Should know late Friday. Will fish the Long Point area if I go. I'll give you a call if I come up.

Hey guys, I've been doing well down in the southern section as well, like Mower but on the West side. Lots of lakers and yesterday I trolled up my third rainbow of the year, I haven't seen many, a nice ~3 lber. The lakers have been 100-130 down for me. The bow was in the neighborhood of 60 and a few browns last week maybe 40 down... have a good weekend all!

Chaos and/or Stinger, I'm curious, do you guys ever fish down towards the Southern end? I was offering that as an alternative, as the reports I've heard from up N haven't been hot- not terrible but not hot. I spend time up North in the spring but I'm towards this end of the lake most of the year myself. Looks like cool but good fishing weather this weekend... enjoy!

the south end of seneca is hot now but its much deeper ,,and is the major spawing grounds for lakers,, i think salmon creek is a good spawning area for cayuga seems like someone told me that a hundred years ago,i would think the weeds would be nasty to far south,if we could get some steady wind to blow towards Chaos dock he's been very helpfull in clearing out the weeds in the past and seems to enjoy the smell too!

Chaos,

Fished all three dates, Friday was absolutely stupid on my part, I flew up to the marina after work, loaded up and sat in the slip for the first batch of rain to come through, when that was done, the sun came out and so I headed across to Crow Bar Pt and started north. We fished for 1/2 hour tops and another storm showed up. We had hopes it would miss us and it sure didn't. we sat there huddled under the canopy in an absolute down pour. The dog was the only smart one -she curled up in the cuddy and slept. So friday I was skunked.

Saturday we marked fish alot around Cedar Cove and in front of Myers Pt, but our cooler was empty and we only released tiny fish. We even caught 2 lakers that were 14 inch range. This was our morning from 6:30 till noon.

Sunday we tried the west shore and did poorly we managed I small rainbow, two small salmon and a laker (released). That was 7am to 11:30 am.

Both days we tried everything spoons, flies, stick baits. All our fish on Sun. came on 1 spoon it was 1.5 inch long smooth silver w. a blue diamond tape on one side. I don't know what possessed me to run it but at least it gave me a chance to use my new needle nose pliers. I am on pair four for the season.

I'm going to keep at it for a few more weeks till the Marina tells me I must pull my boat.

John Aka Mower

Ditto here, fished the south end to Crow Bar Sunday, I found a few marks and boated only small fish one rainbow, one brownd and numerous small salmon. I lost a brown about four ponds next to the boat mainly brecause I horsed him.

All the fish came off purple/black. Later in the AM I dropped down deeper with dodger/flies and produced only one small laker.

After a fustrating summer with engine problems, thankfully the issues are resolved!!!

Ken