Decided to give the silver fish a break for a bit try some new to me water. Had plans to head down to Port Burwell on Mon with a buddy, but he bailed at the last minute :x .........so I went solo. I have fished Erie for eyes only a couple times in the past with limited results so my goal was simply to put a couple in the box for the table. First time launching at burwell and I missed a turn on the way down adding 45min to the drive :( and when I finally got there the lineup of boats waiting to launch had to be 20 long. By the time I got fishing it was already 830am. Set up a simple 2 rod spread, 1 rigger, 1 5 color off a board...both with spoons. Took a little while before the 5 color fired and I had my first eye. Changed things up a few times during the day and my most consistent rod was the SWR off the downrigger 30 dwn with a copper ripplin redfin, and a braid dipsey 140 back with a stingray stoplight spoon. Ended 6/6 on eyes & 3/3 on steelies with a few junk fish (sheepies/white bass) mixed in. You can say I exceeded my expectations :D . Packed it in at 2pm as the heat was getting to me and arrived at the launch to see the same thing again. Boats anchored all the way up the channel waiting their turn to pull-out. WOW that place can get busy. Kept 4 eyes for the BBQ. Great average size out there.

100_1704.jpg

Didn't end up getting out to Erie. Forecast took a turn for the worse. We decided to go back to Ontario. Was going to the Bluffs but then hit traffic bad in Mississauga despite leaving at 5am. Ended up launching Oakville area. She had some big waves out there today but ended up making out not too bad. The funniest part was when we pulled lines one of our lures had not one, but two baitfish on it. I'm not talking snagged them while trolling but they clearly attacked it as the trailing treble hook had both of their lips hooked. Quite funny and not something you see everyday. They reminded me a lot of what you use for live bait when you're tarpon fishing in Bonita Beach.

Didn't end up getting out to Erie. Forecast took a turn for the worse. We decided to go back to Ontario. Was going to the Bluffs but then hit traffic bad in Mississauga despite leaving at 5am. Ended up launching Oakville area. She had some big waves out there today but ended up making out not too bad. The funniest part was when we pulled lines one of our lures had not one, but two baitfish on it. I'm not talking snagged them while trolling but they clearly attacked it as the trailing treble hook had both of their lips hooked. Quite funny and not something you see everyday. They reminded me a lot of what you use for live bait when you're tarpon fishing in Bonita Beach.

yeah, lakeshore is closed for the Indy.....traffic will be a nightmare down there this week. DOn't know if you've ever been there but fishermen's pier under the skyway is a better launch and closer if you are coming from guelph. just take hwy 6 to 403 to QEW niagara exit Eastport Drive...cross the liftbridge and it's on you right. $12 to launch...ice...tackle....snacks...porta potties...fenced parking and a GOSD scale. Only a 10 min run to Bronte...although you will probably find fish before you get there. The Big Brown apartments just west of bronte known as Mcissacs akmost always holds fish from 40-200 fow.

good stuff dude.thanks for sharing. :yes:

yeah, lakeshore is closed for the Indy.....traffic will be a nightmare down there this week. DOn't know if you've ever been there but fishermen's pier under the skyway is a better launch and closer if you are coming from guelph. just take hwy 6 to 403 to QEW niagara exit Eastport Drive...cross the liftbridge and it's on you right. $12 to launch...ice...tackle....snacks...porta potties...fenced parking and a GOSD scale. Only a 10 min run to Bronte...although you will probably find fish before you get there. The Big Brown apartments just west of bronte known as Mcissacs akmost always holds fish from 40-200 fow.

good stuff dude.thanks for sharing. :yes:

We've launched out of there this summer. It certainly is the closest. It was a zoo when we went to come back in though - gotta love weekend fishing. Likely didn't help that the guy who was due to back his trailer up and take his rig out of the water took his 4 kids to the bathroom and just left his boat there holding up a line of about 6 boats. Have you ever fished down at the Bluffs?

Agreed. If you can hit Toronto before 6am you're generally okay. Drive back is always a coin toss - we don't generally take the 407. But it does have a nice ramp, and free parking during the week before 5 too. It wasn't until last summer we started fishing the western-most part of the lake. It has been hit-or-miss but always better than being at work! Looking like some calm days ahead, may be getting out this weekend or early next week. Let me know how you fare if you get out at all.

You definately do get a bill if your towing a trailer. I know a buddy who was double billed for both his vehicle and trailer. :@ Last trip my buddy drove and he has a transponder through work. I went down again this am but took the 401 as it's faster if there's no traffic. Fished mostly in front of the filtration plant going 3/3 all kings in the low mid 20's. down 100-130' off riggers on big ern spoons. Bite died at about 9am. :beer: