RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 7/4-7/8

heard the warmer deepe stuff sunday too,,,, nice class of fish from port to about 1 mile west of maxwell in the 130 to 150 range....sat nite "new Water " moved in and brought the steelies and lots of teenagers....only landed 1 king under 14 lbs for 2 days ..and never broke the 20 lb mark

heard the warmer deepe stuff sunday too,,,, nice class of fish from port to about 1 mile west of maxwell in the 130 to 150 range....sat nite "new Water " moved in and brought the steelies and lots of teenagers....only landed 1 king under 14 lbs for 2 days ..and never broke the 20 lb mark

Yea sounds like some of the bigger fish were east today. Lots of action though...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I hate that. We hooked a 10 pounder off one of our rigger earlier in the season. Only way we knew there was a fish there was because the rod kept dipping with the head shake. Sometime I think they bite just to go for a ride. 8)

Isn't that weird with the fleas, one day they will be worse than the next, and then not as bad the next again. I guess the wind direction might affect that. They were not as bad Tuesday at the Oak, as they were on Monday. :)

We were off Fair Haven today, one of the wires was out 1.5 hours, when I brought it in it only had maybe 6 inches of fleas. :$ They must be schooling off of Sodus! We ended 13 for 14 at 11am (25, 24, 22, 22, 20, 18, 18, 10, 10, 5 lb kings, 8, 8, 5 lb steelhead). Worked 130-165 early, then slid out to 230-300 later. Temp was down 80 out deep, 120 in closer. Hot rod was the 375 wire on a 1.5 setting pulling a white green dot spinny with ultra green glow fly. That rig took at least 8 fish including 4 of the 20+ lb'ers. Had several doubles, but no triples. Will post full report later. 8)

Nice! We couldnt find the big boys off sodus today. We covered a lot of ground, but prob should have slid out deeper. Tim remind me to buy you a baby on board sticker :)

Nick, You might have to relax today. We had a blast yesterday except for the 1 footers that were more like angry 2 footers! I need a bigger boat! I've got a golf tournament on Saturday and Sunday and don't think I'll be able to make it out unless I get out early and end by 10 am. Good luck out there if I don't see you.

Spent the day working on the boat, got the kicker off and dropped it at the mechanic in hopes that he'd find some time to work on it. Also pulled the boat and got a new transducer put on, an airmar p66. It was amazing that none of the previous screws had any silicone on them.

2012-07-05_12-25-11_633.jpg

Friends are out in 200fow hitting kings... We'll join them shortly...

Nick, You might have to relax today. We had a blast yesterday except for the 1 footers that were more like angry 2 footers! I need a bigger boat! I've got a golf tournament on Saturday and Sunday and don't think I'll be able to make it out unless I get out early and end by 10 am. Good luck out there if I don't see you.

I'm sure a full morning of fishing and tired arms will only help your golf game ;)