RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 7/4-7/8

What's that spinning rod?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I was trying out my spinning rod with salmon, didnt work out. The rod was too stiff so I wasnt getting a good hookup and the one king I fought for a while on it was really uncomfortable.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Tried speeding up and the dipsey bite stopped, may just be the dipsey bite turned off. Shot on copper, but gone before I got there. Leaving the damn copper in, cant feel my right arm...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nick,

Your pics are stellar today!

I've been running some flies that are about 36-40" long (sometimes) and the fish seem to still hit them and my hook up ratio seems to be really good on those. I think sometimes the fish have a hrd time hiting and getting a good bite on a shorter fly that is moving around too much. ...but who knows.

Why did he say " mounty zoo" 3 times ? I woulda shouted that too opps (slow down) but sunday was a hit and run morning even landed a fish in the lower jaw ,,,outside of it :o then things got a little more normal with a 'hookup bite' just a phase of eatin ,,In the keys the fish will shut down between cast ,course ya got the tide thingy going. Even then down there ya got the advantage takin little ones start playing???? didnt ya say all the big ones quit and the little guys moved in ??????????? I,m just saying!!!

P.S. I've landed some hudge fish at low or slack tide ,you know when nuttin should be bitting,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe its easier for them big fat pigs to compete with the jacks rather than the teenagers???!