Transducer

kwatchi

Just got into a fiberglass boat.......what the best way to run a tranducer cable through the hull..ie molded swim platform...The plug is about 1/2" and really don't want to drill a hole that big and really don't want to try to cut and splice it...also what is the best way to seal the hole once its made?

Drill the 1/2" hole, after you run the cable fill the hole with life calk and cover it with a small SS clamshell vent and fill the vent with calk as well. Ditto what lakebound88 said.

Half the fun of owning a boat is drilling holes in it for your fishing stuff . lol

Good Luck!

JT

What Jack said, except I do a 3/4" hole with a clam shell and filled it with 4200. This way, you have enough room to add a second "device" if you ever wanted to. You can get a second Lowrance connector through there. Like my install, I did not put the HD Structure Scan transducer on yet (because it's another 600.00 on top of the 2000.00 I paid for the unit). But, I will be, when I do, I will carve out the 4200 and push the big connector through the 3/4" hole and be done with it.

I would drill a bigger hole, then fill with epoxy to seal the hole deal. When cured drill the hole the size you want in the center of the epoxy. That way you should not get any water in your transome.