Light House Fishing Derby - chance to win $25,000.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at Myers Park, Lansing

This has been in the works for months. With the help of Splitshot and myself we have taken this tournament to the next level.

Download the poster and entry form and get in on a chance at 25k.

Questions? Contact Scott Bennett at (570) 916-1738

:star:Download Derby Poster :star:

:star:Download Derby Entry Form :star:

Let's hope people are interested. It would be nice to have the town of Lansing benefit from this tournament. After all so many guys who fish Cayuga use the town launch as well as they have been more than accomidating with past tournaments.

I hope we don't need anything, sent mine in by mail so no receipt. Rules also state everyone in boat must wear PFD while motor is running...does that include kicker motor while trolling?

Kyle

Here is my personal opinion on this rule. Due to the size of the "potential" prize and the fact that the town of lansing has it's name associated with the tournament, the attorney's had to get involved to protect the interests of the town. I believe this rule was put in place to avoid someone coming back and suing the town if we had a fatality during the tournament. I believe as anglers we should use our best judgement.

FYI My wife will be fishing with me (and she in a municipal attorney so keep the jokes to dull roar) and I know she will probably not be wearing a life jacket.

That being said lets all be safe and have a great time!