Tied up some flys !

I think they look great! I'm a tying freak so it's nice to see a post like this... One suggestion is "less is more". On a single color fly I try not to use more than 5", maybe 6" of Mylar. I think you get a better profile that way. Try mixing your colors and you'll get some neat custom colors. Best, mark

Ps. One of my favorite colors. From the outside; 1" yellow mirage, 1 1/2" blue-green, 1 1/2" hammer green, 1" red....

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

:yes::yes: I just started tying this past winter and have been catching them this year on the flies I tied. It's very satisfying. Most of the manufactures like Big Weenie etc sell the materials online. Biggest one caught this weekend was on one my own. Makes you feel good.

I think they look great! I'm a tying freak so it's nice to see a post like this... One suggestion is "less is more". On a single color fly I try not to use more than 5", maybe 6" of Mylar. I think you get a better profile that way. Try mixing your colors and you'll get some neat custom colors. Best, mark

Ps. One of my favorite colors. From the outside; 1" yellow mirage, 1 1/2" blue-green, 1 1/2" hammer green, 1" red....

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Thanks! i will have to try those color combos, that set of fly's were made with 6'' of mylar, ill try a few with 5'', i get all my material from michiganangler.com and sigs rigs those heads were large glow.

Keep tyeing, you will love the results. If you have kids let them select some colors. I was able to create some great flies that way. Been tyeing my own for ten years. Have a great selection of custom colors and do great with them. The only store bought flies I have were won at raffles. Like said above, it is a good feeling to catch a fish on something you made.

Good luck and great fishing.