Any Place to Fish Erie for Walleye from shore near Buffalo?

bfarrow

Having grown up near Oneida Lake fishing for walleye from shore, I'm not sure what the options are on Erie. I am heading out there this weekend to spend some time with the girlfriend's family, but I may have a chance to run out to Erie and get a line wet for a little bit. Though I live on Lake Ontario now, I have never even seen Lake Erie and know nothing really about it. Hopefully someone can give me a tip (including - don't waste your time). On Oneida - I would head to the point across from the channel near Sylvan Beach - wade out and throw worms into the boat channel (about 16-20 ft deep) with a few split shot about a foot up from the hook and drag the whole thing across the bottom at a snails pace (This also works in Irondequoit Bay for walleye I have found as well). VERY effective in the heat of the summer even on sunny days (both Oneida and Irondequoit Bay...though in the Bay I keep catching little 8-10 inch guys).

What are my options (if any) on Erie right now? I'm actually going to Orchard Park, and apparently the Lake is only 5 -10 minutes from their house, so it isn't EXACTLY Buffalo but near there. Anyone familiar with the area with tips I would LOVE to hear from. I'm also willing to wade out in to some Lake Erie water if the need exists (waders if I need them - shorts if I won't freeze).

THANKS!

Well, I am relatively new to the lake erie buffalo walleye fishing scene (got here 3 years ago), so not sure if I can help. I have tried fishing the niagara a few times. Thought that was worth exploring.

I would run down to the lake anyways. Probably the bass would be fun. Check out an evening and see how it goes.