gas on seneca lake

Should be on "old boat" site for this but since the topic is gas will give it a shot here. I am having stalling problems with my 1989 55hp Yamaha when I shift it into gear. Question - Do you guys think it is a must to use non-ethanol gas in your boat motors as opposed to adding a fuel stabilzer to ethanol gas?

Should be on "old boat" site for this but since the topic is gas will give it a shot here. I am having stalling problems with my 1989 55hp Yamaha when I shift it into gear. Question - Do you guys think it is a must to use non-ethanol gas in your boat motors as opposed to adding a fuel stabilzer to ethanol gas?

If your already been using E-10 your in trouble................I use startron all the time after I got nailed with the E-10 problems.......gas water seperating filter plugging ( changed 5 in two months) ..... but your problem could be the fuel pump diapharm being shot ( E-10 can do that also)........try pumping the bulb as you throw it in gear.......

but ya you may want to move this to that thread and get some better advice..............

What they said... If you do make it to watkins glen, Frog Hollow Marina is non Ethanol at 4.89 gallon..

Whoa! 50 cents a gallon cheaper for non ethanol at my marina.

Glen harbor marina was high test normal gas ($5.10 PER GALLON) - not that crap E gas - would never ran that E gas in my boat EVER!!!!!!!

Never say Never! The way this presidential administration is going it wouldn't surprise me if they try and ban non ethanol gas in their next term. Don't count out NYS trying something like that either. And you know what? There is not a damn thing you or we can do about it!

I still dont get all the E gas dANGERS ,i'm fully aware of the lost power in all engins and how stupid it is to use it as a supplement due to mpg lost,offsets consumption ..my motor is 1974 ,my boat is 1987 ill leave my fuel from fall one year till may,june the next year ,dont use a stablizer or additive never seen a can of sea foam in my life,,other than cleaning my points every 2 years my moter starts fine ,runs fine,never had a fuel line issue (except my weed eater replaced clear lines 1 time in 8 years) also i dont have a water seperator on the boat (still in box in cellar) and my engine still runs great, I know all the dangers to some rubbers and fiberglass tanks,,but my 1987 fuel lines are good as new..

In my line of work (Heating A/C ) poeple always ask "how often should i replace the filter? " I say when its dirty!!! But the guys who make the filter say every 30 days......hmmm wonder who is pushing all the additive and dangers hype..??? and i sometimes wonder if their could possably be a lobbiest somewhere pushing ethenol,,,,naaa couldnt be.........I got a first hand reason why 60,000 jobs were lost in one steel mill area in ohio....was it competision from another country ?????yup russia bought them up and shut em down now they got the steel bids..lets say im 100% shure my source was 100% truthfull...

You are VERY lucky Ray I could tell you about all the weedwacker gas lines that I've replaced or the gas line on the zero turn that could have cauth on fire , let alone what I already said about the boat tank but hey must be all in me little mind never happen !!!!!!!! :P

Lakes Gas in Penn Yan has high test no E for sale at their pump for boats on trailers or for cans - located on north end of 54 in Penn Yan,Ny which is on the wrong side of seneca lake for you.