4.3merc

Fuel filter or fuel water seperator... Great start.. In fact guy that shares my dock with my just had the same issue. He could do it all, except get up on plain... Just wouldnt do it.. I told him to change fuel filter.. He did and has not had a problem since.. However, he did say he took it off five times and drained it... That baffled me..

This has worked in the past, try some of the good dry gas, dump enough to cover whatever gas you have in the tank, run it at idle long enough to get it circulated through the system, then go for a ride. Sounds like you have a bad tank of gas to me, I would try this before going to the next suggestion, water separator or fuel filter.

We had the same issue. Ran out in the morning and tried to run back later and couldn't. Engine just sputtering and bogging down. Trolled our way home. Heard a tick tick tick noise and found the coil wire arcing to somewhere it shouldn't have been. Replaced the coil wire but also found the gas filler loose and thought water could have gotten in. Added dry gas and replaced the wire. One of the two fixed it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png