Species Breakdown: 5 kings, 2 lakers and 1 brown

Hot Lure: anything green

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.8-3.0

Boat Depth: 160

Lure Depth: 70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

On the water early for a pre-work day jaunt. Reports have been too good not to get out.

Did a 15 lb king on first pass over 160' on a north troll so we threw a mark in the GPS. Ran out to 200' with no other hits so we turned around. Went back in to 160 foot depth and probe was reading 57 degrees down 60 foot and 48 degrees down 70! Hit the rest of the fish within 1/4 mile of the original mark all on north or south trolls. 2 kings in the low 20s, lost one good one that did a dos-e-do around the rigger cable. Took a blast on the 200' dipsey with 42 second paddle and green fly that ran out to 505 feet before I could turn the fish. 25 minutes later I have my personal best summer fish in the boat. (No, I am not in the summer derby ;( ) I was stunned by the thickness to this fish and how he continued to fight all the way to the back of the boat. Couple lakers and a brownie mixed in for good measure.

More of a dipsey bite than riggers. Green was the color with 4 different paddles, all with various green flies, taking fish. Lone rigger king was caught on a gator.

Great morning on the water in my old boat- much dirtier than when I had it (Tom, you knew I had to say that)- but glad to be invited and catch some fish.

Couple pictures with me struggling to hold this brute up due to some tired arms. Despite the number of photos the fish was revived and swam away for another lucky fisherman.

====================

487327_10150896719592142_287338651_n.jpg

IMG955403.jpg

July_6_2012.jpg