Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.8-3.2 sog

Down Speed: 2.4-2.6 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 130-180'

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished with my good fishin' buddy Anthony (Pike Hunter) this morning. The fish were there, along with bait, but it seemed like they really were biting "light" for us today with many knock offs and very short - 3 to 5 second fights - before they were off. We fished a little longer than we should have b/c we got caught out in 150' in the storm.

Always a great time on the water with Anthony - we managed a few copper tangles and I am sorry to the boat that I was fishing parallel to around Shipbuilders when I cut pretty close to their lines heading north. Please accept my apology.

Fishing was best 150-175', at first it was best heading east, but then we saw a few boats landing fish trolling west who were landing fish so we gave that a try.

The following all caught fish:

Rigger 115' cable out, 42 sec NK spoon

Rigger 115' cable free slider dirty white boy

600' copper - teens king - pulling a Gator SD/ AtomMik Mirage Fly

400' Copper - pulling a green NBK SD/ 42 sec Fly

wire diver 275' - white/green dot SD/ Hammer Fly

85' Rigger - Kelly green SD/ crinkle green fly had many "short" hits

Be back at it tomorrow for an afternoon troll - Good luck to all,

- Chris

001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Hey Chris we did about 9 lakers off Bear Creek and one Atlantic. It was perfect for an eight and ten year old boy. It was there first time on the Big O and we couldn't keep the lakers off. I really could use the auto pilot on the boat. I need to take a look at your set up sometime.

Nice work. :yes:

Fishing with Tacklebox out of Hughes this am - be interesting to see what the fish are up to out east of I-Bay for a change. Tight lines this afternoon.

About the quick storm that passed us twice within short time, I was worried about the lightning because I was fighting the fish on the 400/500 copper. Back in my small brain, I was very thankful that I am current with my life insurance policy should anything happens.

As the storm started to brew up again, that was when I gave up the fighting the fish on the copper and worked with you to clear up all of the lines and the planner boards. I must admit that I enjoyed the wild wet ride back to the dock along with the torrid rain and thunders above our head. Even my deaf ears can "hear" the booms from the thunderstorm.

Moral of the story, be safe and you will be able to go back fishing anytime under clear sky.

Chris- as always thanks for the great time on your boat!

We were off Shipbuilders Fri. AM also when that storm rolled in. 100-130 was workin good for us till that first rumble hit. Then it was yank and run. Ended up with 5 teen kings and a steelie in 2 1/2 hrs. We were runnin next a Whaler on the way in.

Crazy weather on Saturday - as the "captain" I should have pulled us out sooner than I did......we were lucky this time.

When we got back to the I-Bay channel the water level had dropped an amazing 2-3' and there were ducks sitting on the sandbar on the east side of the channel which was sticking a foot out of the water and it was no longer submerged. There was also a crazy rip current coming out of the Bay as if it was draining into the lake. Later that day, the news commented that apparently a "seiche" had occurred from the storm and it caused the water level to drop suddenly.

Crazy stuff man......I'm glad we didn't beach the boat to add insult to injury

Good luck to all,

- Chris