Anyone used kite rigs for dipsies?

3 divers off one side to me means probably alot of swearing. if its a perfectly calm day with little under currents i see it working fine. But in 5 footers with heavy undercurrents spells disasters and losing a 100 ft of wire or more.

3 divers off one side to me means probably alot of swearing. if its a perfectly calm day with little under currents i see it working fine. But in 5 footers with heavy undercurrents spells disasters and losing a 100 ft of wire or more.

The swearing would have words with very agressive "k" sounds in them. :rofl:

They look like they are to straight up for dipsy's I like to angle them down toward the water. If your goals is to gets 3 or more rods per side go with a more tree like holder for 3 or 4 rods and then rather than using 3 dipsy's use 1 or 2 dipsy's and then some inline planer boards for the outside. you will get a wider spread and less chance of a massive tangle with 3 dipsy's.

It's not unusual to run two dipsies per side and two riggers (with or without cheated spoons). Just run the dipsies on different settings and depths to keep them apart - 1 & 2.5, 1.5 & 3, etc...

Disclaimer - I'm new enough that I'm happy running one per side without tangling anything. I'm quoting my betters...