What Size Saltist?

I picked up a couple 40's over the winter and have 1000' of wire backed with 150 yards of 40lb power pro on them...seems to fill the spool perfectly. Awesome reels, you won't be dissappointed.

I would go with 30's or 40's for dipsys....would've bought 30's myself but got the 40's for $125...couldn't pass up the deal. 30's should take 1000' of wire with no problem.

50's seem way too big for dipsy's, but would make an awesome copper reel.

Go with the 30's. They hold about the same line capacity as the 47 Sealines. If you go 40's you will need to put backer on to achieve that fast gear ratio since most of the spool wont be filled up. We have used the 30s for a few seasons now and they are rock solid.

I have used both, and both are great reels. You can't go wrong with either. However, once you get used to the high speed retrieve on the Saltist you will miss it when you don't have it. Trust me! I have also heard that a lot of guys are putting aftermarket drags in the Tekota's. No need for that on the Saltist. The two things on a Saltist I would **** about are the clickers not sounding solid, but I have only heard of one breaking. The other issue some people have is the placement of the line counter.

I have 1 tekota and 2 saltist..would trade the tekota for another saltist in a heartbeat. Drag was sticky right out of the box on the tekota. It's a nice reel don't get me wrong, but for that kind of money the drag should be much better from the factory.

Saltist has a butter smooth drag and I love the retrieve rate.