Electrical issues

Jax

I bought an older Lund that needs the whole wiring system updated. It uses the old style glass fuses and is placed in a moisture rich enviornment. Some of the electronics dont work but will if it is properly rewired. I have a nack for this type of stuff but I think it is a larger job than expected. Does anyone know "a guy" or can reccomend someone to go to for an estimate? I could do it but if the $ isnt bad it would save me a bunch of time and get me closer to fishing in the new boat for spring!

thanks

Jeremy

I know that isn't answering your question, but I thought I'd throw this in anyway.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

Last year I added 2 of these to the back of my boat for downriggers and few other things. I use 12 guage wire to feed the fuse blocks and off I went. Easy install and should be an easy replacement method at the helm with a new 10 or 12 guage wire feeding them from the battery.

Although wiring isn't difficult, it is time consuming. Might get pretty expensive having someone do it from scratch. Depending on how old your boat is, maybe Lund has a harness and switch panel that you could buy and install yourself. That would still leave you with wiring the electronics.

I am ready to do it on my own, just have to wait till march-april. The boat is in storage till then. I still have my 17ft Tracker for springtime browns until I can get the Lund wired up!

When I first got the Tracker it was a mess also, I started completely over and just took my time with it. I uncovered alot of future issues and I knew exactly how everything was wired, and where it went etc. Thanks for the input I am going to just stockpile some wire and supplies over the next mnths and get her started once the snow goes away...wait a minute, I think we have to get snow first before it can go away! ;)

I just got done fixing the bilge on my Tracker, what a design flaw where it was mounted. Had to install an access panel into the splashwell in order to get to it. I found some rubber band ends tangled around the bilge, hmmm I wonder how they got there. Now im good to go!

thanks again for the input

Jeremy