ONEIDA LAKE

LITTLE EDDIE 3

Fished Oneida this past weekend for three days with a handful of friends. AWESOME. fished between lewis point and 113 Buoy in about 35 to 38 fow. Black and purple jigs did most of the damage with a few on crawler harnesses. Caught and released over 100 fish. A couple in there 20s, biggest was 23''. The first day we fished we had a limit of 6 fish in my boat in 14 minutes!!! Thats a record for me.. GOOD LUCK

Walleye Fest 2012!

Way to go! :yes:

I believe that are congregated there, looking for a little bit cooler water,(they won't find it) and I'd bet if you were to throw a probe down, the temp is not much different from top to bottom.

I've been over a couple times recently and have struggled. Tried shallow around the weedbeds and picked up a few. Yesterday my wife and I fished just north of 113 and I marked fish but only picked up two drifting with a bottom bouncer & worm harness. Is time of day critical? We were there from about 6 to 7:30 p.m. then went and tried shallow again. Did we leave too soon or is morning the better bite? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Everything we did was in the morning 6am till 11. I fished in and around 113 picked up 2, one on a jig and one on a bottom bouncer. our first day everything came off a jig and the second day most came off a bottom bouncer and the third day it was a combination of both. seems like u never know. but we always run both. alot of times I'll throw a jig out and just let it drag, somedays u catch more doing that than jiggin. my friend just came back today all jig fishin, boated over 60 in 3 days (3 guys) he said they were pickin up walleye 10 foot under the boat. his first day they fished in 35fow for 2 hours and got 2 fish. moved in to 32fow and got 10 in an hour. it pays to move around. I agree fish hunter i thought about bringin my fishhawk down to check temps just to see but i bet its about the same right thru. jigs black and purple. bottom bouncer hammered brass with red beads did the best (very simple looking) tried 15 other ones and that did the best. Line, i never use anything over 6lb test.

picked up 3 all +20 " tonight bet 8 and 8:30 1/2 mile north of lewis pt 38 fow , 2 on green x rap 30' down and 1 on chrome crawler harness off lead core rig. the walleyes are all over the place right now on the east end , sun nite i bounced a black and purple popeye jig off the botton around 109 , 5 in 1 hr, what the heck is goin on? dont know but i like it.....