Rubber nets...

Great hook resistance. But heavy.

Yeah, they are great if you are netting someone else's fish, but are hard to do one handed, because they are so heavy. I love mine when I am trolling crankbaits, because the lures do not become a mess in the net once the fish is landed. I have landed salmon up to 15 pounds in mine as well, as they do stretch to accomodate bigger fish. Should be just fine on the Finger Lakes. :yes::yes:

A friend has one thats a rubber coated mesh like a livewell net that works well. I have a rubber net thats like jeeper says "HEAVY" And it is hard to net fish with, because it moves so much water when you try to scoop up the fish.

They are nice if your a bass fisherman - if you are fishing trout get a 'conservation' type net ( rubberized/flat bottom ) . As indicated above they are heavy and I have had fish flip out of them

I purchased one this year from Captains Cove and love it. Its too small for big fish but for brown fishing or just smaller fish catching its the greatest. The big nets on board are a little much for smaller fish but the rubber net makes for no tangled hooks and alot less stress on the fish.