ADK Report

4 days went by to quick. Great weather in a great location. Arrived to find our campsite was not vacated yet ,so the wife & I launched the boat to kill time. 4th cast, right on cue , I hit around a 4 lb smallie. My wife excaimed, "look at the size of that thing" . The fish was big also. Not many Pike, 7lbs the biggest , but many big bass, 21.5 " the biggest.

What worked? 3,4,5 " Senkos in Blk & dark colors mostly in 4-15' . Lovin my Braid more & more. 10 lb P PRo w/ a 20 floro leader ( fightin chance w/the pike)tied w/ my version of a Rapala knot to 1/16 - 1/4 oz shakey head( Spot remover best ,but still haven't found one I like).Not a fish on a crankbait, topwater or stick. A few and the biggest on a spinnerbait.

Fresh Blueberry pancakes on my campstove, A nice fire lakeside as the sun goes down , Hearing the call of the loon at night to break the silence as I lay in my tent , seeing the bald eagle, no phones & good fishin. What more could a man ask for?

Back in Aug.

Fresh Blueberry pancakes on my campstove, A nice fire lakeside as the sun goes down , Hearing the call of the loon at night to break the silence as I lay in my tent , seeing the bald eagle, no phones & good fishin. What more could a man ask for?

Back in Aug.

Pictures!! ;) Glad you had a good time! I'm sure it was an awesome trip.

Tom

I hereby invoke the " Respect & Protect" policy on my spot. But there are many & I mean many spots to fish up there. Amazes me the lakes & flowages I pass on the way up that look fishy to me & Nobody fishing them. Saranac is a great place by all accounts. On a canoe trip I would use a run & gun strategy. Spinnerbaits , # 5 mepps , etc. Black gold orange for me. Heard in the baitshop big J 11 & 13 rapalas in gold orange were good on Saranac. Over weeds & edges. Have Fun.

Wife has Pics on her phone. I'll try to get them on.

Go to Walmart & get some 18 lb BB wire leaders or be prepared to donate . Big Pike & Bass in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the boat up on the Fulton Chain last week.Had all my gear with me for ontario so I trolled alittle in the deep spots of 4th and didnt see much as far as lakers go. Im going to head back up and maybe look for some landlock salmon in 4th. Maybe go to 7th or Raquette Lake. Havent bee up there since I was like 14 so I stayed near Inlet, it was gorgeous sometimes we would be the only boat on the lake around sunset. I love that area just not sure if its the best boat fishing besides for bass?The locals I talked to said it was too hot with no rain and I wouldve had to hit a laker on the head to get it to move so maybe fall will be better!

• 4 weeks later...

I was at 7th and 8th lake recently (8/17-8/22). Not even a bite on 8th. Fishing nightcrawlers, drifting with a canoe in ALL debts. 7th lake was a whole different story. Couldn't catch a single thing of any size, but did catch a ton of panfish (perch, sunfish, rockbass and even a shiner and creek chub). About 3-5ft of water with bobber and nightcrawler. Tried every minnow looking lure in the box, w/no luck and even tried both the shiner and chub and a baby sunny, w/no luck.

Weather was perfect. The meals were great. And the scenary was unbelievable!!!!