9' dipsey rod suggestions

I'm looking to change-up things this year and am looking for suggestions on a good 9' dipsey rod. The 10' is just too big to store in my forward cabin so looking at the 9' size. Already have the reels picked out. Suggestions, recommendations? I don't necessarily need a roller guide model, but something I can add the Twilly Tip to. Eagle Claw, Daiwa, Shimano, Penn, Okuma, whatever. Bring on the suggestions! Thanks in advance for the input!!

Have been using the 8' shimano talora roller rods. Used to have a 9' or so twirly tip rapala. I really prefer the taloras although am terrified that I will lose one after spending the kind of dough... I have a small boat so they are easier to deal with. Caught two 30lb fish on em so far this year and they seem to do well. Disclaimer- I'm pretty new to this kind of fishing, this is just my limited experience.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Is money an object?

If not, go with the Talora's - with roller guides.

If yes, go with the Daiwa's or Rapala RSC's. Still not the cheapest but in my opinion the best value for money.

Don't get the Eagle Claws - I have them - broke two last year on 20 lb fish.

Is money an object?

If not, go with the Talora's - with roller guides.

If yes, go with the Daiwa's or Rapala RSC's. Still not the cheapest but in my opinion the best value for money.

Don't get the Eagle Claws - I have them - broke two last year on 20 lb fish.

You must have gotten some bad Eagle Claws because I have been running them for over 20 years and have never broken anything---not even a guide. Capt. Vince Pierleoni, Thrillseeker, uses them as well and LOVES them. I just hope I can find more before he does.... :lol:

Thanks for the replies. The Tekota 600LC is the reel I'm going with. I've personally been using the Eagle Claw SF400-A rods as downrigger rods for close to 20 years and love them! Thought I'd stick with a name that works, but happily looking at all the suggestions so far. :yes: