RUFF RIDER Live Report SODUS 7/13-15

Not sure what happened... the first tow truck was too small, then the huge one they got almost flipped the truck sideways! They finally got it out, but there was no trailer attached which was strange...

Went to the Wolcott theater tonight... they really restored it over the past few weeks.. Cleaned the place up, fixed the ceiling, new screen audio and projector! It was very nice, although the movie, Snow White and the Huntsman, STUNK!!

Worth checking out for a $5 movie, although the Lyons theater is still my #1.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Keep your eye on the weather, there is a pretty good system moving your way...my son and I are getting ready to head to the air show and its not looking good.. :(

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid= ... 1&loop=yes

Tom

Thanks we've been watching for lightning, so far looks like just rain though.

Figured out part of our problem, Andy has a fish hawk that Im not used to, we were goin 2.8 down and our dipseys were almost slack... goin 4.5 now to get a bend on the dipsey rods... do fish hawks lose their calibration?

Here is that beast we got this morning. We are just about to reel and head up to oswego for the pro am weigh in.

2012-07-15_06-46-27_634.jpg

Very nice! We just brought the fish hawk up to check calibration and we were off by over 1 mph, we've been trolling at less than 1.8mph all morning ;(

The end to another weekend. I fished 6:45 to 9:45 and went 5 for 7....but fish were really packed into 140-150 fow....in a stamp of water about a qtr - half mile square. totally unreal every pass had a hit.....get outside the way points....and nothing....turn back around......bam! :) Weather chased me off a little early, but sounds like the bite died anyways!

After everyone left, we found a small stretch of water in around 100 that held 45 to 48 degree water, was just W of the chute.

We worked that for two mature Kings and a doubleheader Steelie. Hate it when Ray is right, shoulda wedged 'em from the start I guess?

The fish are pretty scattered, we'd find a pocket where we marked a lot, then nothing for quite a while, then another pocket. People were catching fishin in 200fow, some in 100fow... hopefully the lake will stay settled this week and things will set up a bit better for next week.

We learned a very important lesson today, don't depend too heavily on your equipment. Trust what you know. We commented several times on how the dipseys didn't look right and how the planer/copper were really far behind the boat... just took us a long time to tie it to the possiblity of a probe losing calibration (my depthraider can't be calibrated and has never lost calibration). We were trolling at probably 1mph down speed all morning, I'm amazed we still had three hits :)

Nick

The end to another weekend. I fished 6:45 to 9:45 and went 5 for 7....but fish were really packed into 140-150 fow....in a stamp of water about a qtr - half mile square. totally unreal every pass had a hit.....get outside the way points....and nothing....turn back around......bam! :) Weather chased me off a little early, but sounds like the bite died anyways!

Meant to tell you, if you have a smartphone weatherbug has a nice app for a few bucks that shows radar and lightning strikes! The storms stayed south of us, barely even a few raindrops.