SBH fish cleaning still out...its been a week

Mark Komo

Not sure what the issue is, but I dont see the motivation to resolve this. Sure, there are some knuckleheads feeding the machine poorly.l but hey, its lake erie. Get a solid grinder... Please get this going again.

X2!!!

What is this "SBH fish cleaning" subject? q :wondering:

The Buffalo "Small Boat Harbor" has a fish cleaning station where you can fillet your fish and process and dispose the remainder of the carcass through macerators/grinders. These mechanical systems are frequently broken, causing the cleaning house to be locked closed. takes the authority forever to fix and reopen it, as its not a priority for them.

The cleaning station is a joke .I think its broken , more than its working .When I talked to a few people there , they say its because people put too much carcass in at a time ..I've see it done and will nicely tell people about it .I tell nfta employees to pit up a few signs about this and it will help..but still no sign..maybe even put a,push stick in there so I don't feel like I'm gonna waste a knife pushing down fish....I think they need to get a more powerful motor...and let you know b 4 you pay for the launch...Do all the fish stations on Ontario break this often, or just why

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Well its working today. The biggest issue is the pipe. It has a long run to the sewer, out in front of the bait shop. That gets stuffed alot. And just too many carcusses at once in the pipe.

Signs would be an excellent idea.

I like the idea of plan B too. So fine the grinder is out, put up some cans and bags so the carcusses can be dumped there. Dont shut the whole place down because the grinder wont work. Not the solution fellas.

I was told the problem is that guys fill the opening full then try to turn it on, the right way is to turn water on then put a few carcasses in at a time but most don,t . I gave up on it , I do them at home, freeze the guts/carcasses & put them in the trash on trash day. works for me.

How about the Dunkirk cleaning station , Its always closed ! And the upsetting part is the Southtowns walleye club gave them monies to help build it years ago,(which members should have gotten a price break,jmo.) & if it is open they want $2.00 @ for more than 4 fished cleaned, not even a limit , thats BS!