Buying a new boat, question?

I found a boat I really like for what I need (duck boat/trolling boat), its a 17ft stumpknocker 3. It has a semi-v to a flat bottom. That's my concern. Some of you guys with more experience, how do you think this will handle? good enough for Ontario on calmer days? These pics give a good idea of the hull style on the one I'm looking at.

177414_L.jpg

5_Lb5_G75_Fb3_E23_K73p0c67654bbca16e8f1cc6.jpg

what do you guys think?

Personally I wouldn't take it on the O though for sure there are guys who take out small boats. Just have to be very very careful. Don't go in cold water, know the weather back and forth, etc etc. Mine is smaller yet and no way Jose will it ever see Ontario!

My boat is shallow like that and just about the same length. There is rarely a day on Cayuga when I would not go out, but I would not really go out on Lake Ontario unless I was staying close to shore and knew the weather was going to be calm/stable.

The boat looks good, but the bow goes down to a sharp point. it will catch and throw the boat in waves. especially if running with them. A transition to a more rounded entry

would be a a lot better. the broad flat sides of the bow will act like a planer board, and will roll you. Been there done that.