Waves: 2 foot down to 1 foot

Surface Temp: 72

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 17

Total Boated: 14

Species Breakdown: Kings, steelhead and ho's (not the ones Skipper19 meets at the truck stops either :o:lol: )

Hot Lure: NK super Glow NBK (mag) NK white/green w/ dots (as a slider), Moonshine Carbon 14, DW moon cricket ( as a sliderslider) (gotta give all the companies a shot :lol:) Flies: ITO Kj special and Disco ball also took fish

Trolling Speed: 3.5

Down Speed: 2.5-2.75

Boat Depth: 110- 145 (best was 115-125)

Lure Depth: 45-75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took a total newbie that works for me out to give it him a shot at fishing. When I say total newbie I mean never been on a boat other than a cruise ship and had never been fishing :o:(

Met him wearing my TOMMY HILFGER SHIRT, LEVI BRAND SHORTS and NIKE SNEAKERS at the lot in my GRAY/SILVER 2009 TOYOTA TACOMA WITHA 6 FOOT BED at 6:15 and launched about 6:30 :( . Headed out of port and could see the waves way out in the distance because I was wearing my RAY BAN GLASSES with LENS CRAFTER LENSES :o and since I saw the DEMOCRAT AND CHRONICLE newspaper paper and every other lousy wave forecast report said "a foot or less" I was a little shocked to see the 2+ foot rollers coming from the west and with my little 1994 BLUE AND GRAY 19.5 FT SEA NYMPTH WITH A 90 HP EVINRUDE MOTOR or as Ray K would say "Tin Can" I ran about 1/2 throttle out of port a little northwest and gave him the wheel and told him to just keep it straight which he did :yes:

Set up in about 90 foot of water and set out my DIAWA HEARTLAND ROD and DIAWA SEALINE REEL with MALIN WIRE at 240 and my SCOTTY DOWNRIGGER at 75' where I found decent temps on the MOOR SUB TROLL 900 and put out the NORTHERN KING NBK and the white/green w/dots as a slider using SPRO SWIVELS. I had decided rigger one was gonna be the green side :) . As I was getting ready to put out the TRILENE 30 LB BIG GAME line on the other SCOTTY DOWNRIGGER, the 1st SCOTTY DOWNRIGGER fires and I grab the 8' EAGLE CLAW ROD and hand it over to Andy who I remember at this point is left handed and after watching Shawn/FX friend in his boat last week who was a lefty I realize this might get ugly :lol: but he did a great job all morning (a little jerky/twisty) and we get a teenge king HIS FIRST FISH EVER :clap::clap: on the NBK. I reset that rigger again and move to the 2nd rigger just as that gets down and I am grabbing my 2nd wire rod to connect the LURE JENSEN DIPSEY DIVER the rigger 2 fires with the MOONSHINE carbon 14 and we get a decent 4-5lb steelie on the slider that had SEAGUAR 20LB FLUOROCARBON which was on the moon cricket. Reset again and the "green side" fires again! Well this took place back and forth for about and hr+ after checking the time on my APPLE I-PHIONE. ANDY going 8 for 8 :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: and ME going 0-1 ;(:$ (had a steelhead do 2 somersaults and spit it :devil:) After finally getting the 4th rod in the water we had made it about to the nose and started to head back over that area and the wire finally goes with a nice steelie of about 8lbs on a ITO KJ SPECIAL FLY behind a DREAMWEAVER green dot spin dr. Lake had flattened down to the 1 or less at this point and we picked a few more fish but it had slowed from the constant, set-hookup-net-release-reset we had been doing.

We trolled using my JOHNSON 6HP kicker running on HESS GASOLINE into about 65fow and I am pulling lines and as I am reeling in the wire with the ITO DISCO BALL I get a steelie to hit it as I am reeling it in. Never had that happen before on the wire. We no sooner get that fish in the boat and the final pole left in the rigger hits and as we are fighting the fish there is a blow boat heading directly west and I look over and notice the damn thing is about 30-40 feet from us and the dope driving is not actually driving it he's got his back to us and sitting to the side not even near the wheel. I start to yell at the f-ing moron and he jumps up and runs to the wheel to turn away a bit this being after I had turned my boat north.

The craziest thing that happened was me talking to Brian aka Gambler who had come out a bit later to fish with his wife and said he had "come out and started farming" :rofl: I talked to him when I was heading in and he said he had stopped farming for the chickens because he couldn't get them to go :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o words I never thought I would hear :) Talk to Brian Skipper19 he's become an expert on them :lol:

Well I have done all my plugging of equipment on the south shore "FISHING REPORTS" page! A lot of that useless info should help you get fish on your next trip.

1342160859.jpg

This is the steelhead that whacked the wire while I was reeling it on. Had both treble and trailer engulfed in it's mouth and bled every where spraying blood all over my boat as you can see it was like a murder scene in my boat

1342161106.jpg

1342161243.jpg

1342161436.jpg

Kinda vague report ,Hello!! what was Andy wearing? Type of oil?,,I need to know what type of rod holders seems like they put some nice fish on yer lures ? I'm not shure if the brand of hooks im using are right ,were they factory or aftermarket.??? Does the brand of batteries in the probe make a difference for you ,??,, I've had the best luck using one DURACELL, two EVEREADY, and one RAY-O-VaC,,...

Im glad you got a few fish,OH were they natural reproduction ,USA stocked or CANADIAN stocked??????

I'M gonna try to match yer setup seems like it worked good for you,,I know this is kinda personal but I feel It musta made a difference too !!

Briefs,Boxers or Comando ?????? Don't hold back on last answer even if i have to go to Victoria Secrets to Match yer setup I will..

Thanks

Ray K.

One thing I should have started out my report with should have been "I would like to thank"

Ray I'll try to answer some of those questions in hopes that they put fish in your boat too:

Not sure of the brands of clothing worn by Andy but he was wearing a light sweatshirt with a zipper and had the zipper unzipped at the beginning of the morning when the bite was hot but did remove it and the bite slowed :wondering:

Rod holders were TITE LOC, for the rigger rods and I did move them a few times into the actual SCOTTY DOWNRIGGER holders and the down and out rods were BIG JON the dual ones not a triple or quad.

Hooks very depending on lure manufactures and some that I have changed out. Shawn aka FX and I have noticed that the MOONSHINES seem to have really sharp hooks right out of the package (how was that Carl :yes: ) I have been sharpening them more and more though but I am not sure what brand the sharpening stone I have been using is I will try to find out :yes:

The 9 volt batteries I use are either DURACELL or EVERREADY brand. I have had luck using both. The Ray (K) O Vac brand work well too

As far as the fish I believe they were all US stocked because they were not stupid like the idiot blow boater that had a big freaking Canadian flag flying from his P.O.S

Briefs were FRUIT OF THE LOOM tighty whities and I was having great luck with the white and green lures, but with that being said I have heard that Mark aka SKIPPER19 wears VICTORIA SECRETS PINK G STRING ones on his boat and they seem to work well :lol:

My bad Matt I didn't know the rivet brand we used but I am positive it made some sort of a difference. Other brands may have stuck out a bit more and caused some drag and turbulence that would have had a negative affect on the fish.

WWII they are not free range. They are nasty, dirty, piled on top of each other and fed low doses of mercury :lol: .

One last thing that slipped my mind (it was like 2am) was that the kicker motor was tuned by "the boys back in the shop" Hank of L&M MARINE REPAIR (sorry Hank :( )

Fishing reports = winning NASCAR driver interviews now :lol:

Anything else I can PLUG (and not get compensated for with free stuff) that WILL DEFINITELY put fish in your boat just let me know.

Tom - in all honesty are you annoyed with posters who put lots of detail in their posts? Certainly there's a fine line between a post like yours and the infamous "....fishing was great, we went 20/22...." post.

Thanks and be safe on the water,

- Chris

Ray that's funny

Chris, no I am NOT annoyed with "details" if it pertains to reporting on the fishing, just seems like it's getting a little ridiculous on here at times with the useless stuff like I deployed my>>>>> enter rigger/line/rod/reel brand stuff that doesn't need to be posted in the "FISHING REPORTS SECTION" . Put that stuff in the tackle section if you wanna talk about how good the stuff is!! I know being a rec. fishing guy that has less then stellar top of the line equipment at my disposal like as $150-200 reels and $1,000 downriggers and crazy a$$ expensive track systems and that's what we would pay not the "NASCAR errrrr guys plugging all that pay and YES I do realize charter guys really can't get by with LESSER STUFF because of the wear and tear they put on their stuff year in and year out compared to a guy like myself, but I have also been fishing this lake since the early 1980's having flat lined for browns with ANDY REEKERS (plug plug :lol: ) in 14 foot row boat back in the day (while holding onto the fishing rod with my hand) to having hand crank riggers to my "new" electric scotty's (that were 6-8 years old when I got them like 10 or more years ago :o and when I needed a part for it the guy at Scotty said "wow those are old ones" ) When we go onto this site looking for some info when maybe you have not been out in awhile or are planning a trip soon and want to know things like where, and what's working as far as lure, speeds, depths and those things and that's really all we are looking for and we get all the needless (in my humble opinion) info as to what riggers, type of copper/wire/ brand, reel/rod manufactures ect. ect. they used is a needless. If that info was needed to help locate/catch fish it would be have been put in the top part of the post by THE MAN CHAD aka BLUEEYE ( http://www.BlueEyeDesign.net THERE YOU GO CHAD :lol: ) with all the other stuff. I don't want to see just the as you stated the "fishing is great 20-22" (which would be a great day by the way :yes: ) That's the kinda CRAP (again in my humble and most others I have talked to) opinion that is being posted on the useless tweet instant report page a lot > most of the time :no:

The actual fishing tackle such as lure brand,color and size, I am all for :yes::yes::yes:. That's the stuff that helps us out and if you wanna tell a little story as to how the day went then that's a bonus and usually a good and a lot of times a funny read especially when I am out tangling lines :$:lol: go for it.

To tell you the truth I like the pics that Carl Bish has been posting of the Moonshine tackle he's been using partly because I don't know the names of most the Moonshine stuff and it helps with a visual and partly because it helps others like myself that are to stupid (in my case :o:$:lol: ) to remember all the names of the lures all the time and what they look like. Big props on that :yes:

Great site and love goes out to all that post reports and HELPFUL info on here :*

TIGHT LINES TO EVERYONE AND GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY THE WEATHER AND THE FANTASTIC FISHERY WE HAVE!!!

I agree with you - especially the Tweet stuff. The only reason I made a point, is I often post a lot of detail in my posts and I didn't want to seem offensive in any way. However, it is with 100 % CERTAINTY that I only do this to help the average angler like you and I catch more fish. (I often mention Subtroll in my downspeed, and lure makers) but I only do this to help them match speed (i.e. 2.5 mph on a Subtroll is different than 2.5 on a DepthRaider) and the lure maker stuff is so people can help match colors. Everything I own - I bought - nothing has been free.

You don't need the best, the fastest, the newest, or the latest to catch fish on this lake. You simply need to have a little luck, some common sense, and most of all the desire to have a great time.

Later,

- Chris

Hey, but I never posted anything that detailed....especially the pink undies, thong, speedo, ...Ho's....Victoria Secret stuff....so what you are saying is in yer dreams. I have only mentioned that the Barbie pole you wresled away from me was mean....and you never post the truth about using it. I fought my way out of the changing room in Bass pro, after you locked me in there....took me months, but here I am...no pink undies, all the truck stop Ho keep asking for you, ...specialy the ones at waterloo petro. Couldn't resist stopping there on the way by huh...They have been brainwashed, don't even know me now.

Ok so now you tell us you went fishing...and ya caught fish too....good for you...:razz: :yes:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png