Average Depth For 45-54 degree water?

I dont have one of those underwater probes yet so i was wondering if you guys know the "average" depth i should have my lines down in about 150-250 feet of water to get to the right water temperature...i know it changes and can be different everywhere....kind of looking to get a general idea though....especially infront of the whitby/pickering area.

I was out on Wednesday and tossed a thermometer on the cannon ball. It was 60F 100' down. It may not be the most accurate but it's a rough gauge. My guess is go 20+' beyond that.

wow...waters warm lol...so maybe i should try 250 feet lines down 120-150 and see whats springs up

I was out on Wednesday and tossed a thermometer on the cannon ball. It was 60F 100' down.quote]

I'd be back on the trailer, can be on Erie at Port Colborne in a little more than a hour and try to salvage the day with eyes.

what?

Was 54 degrees down 140 off the bluffs on thurs. Hope you got high speed riggers and 15lb balls ;) . Guys were reporting getting fish out of temp as high as 60' though.

HIH

We were at the Bluffs Wednesday as I said. We have 10lb balls I think. Only 150' of cable... that was before we had to repair the one. We may be tapped out at 130' down. Going to give the west end of the lake a burst on Monday. May run just the one rigger. Also, Kingsway was out of flea-flicker line and given we run 17lb mono, if we get a good fish on on Monday it could make for an interesting fight! You heading out at all over the next few days?

Yep, hopefully tomorrow aft. Talked to a buddy and down temps are much better in the West end today. 54 down 45'. He fished Bronte and did very well. :yes:

Hey that's not too bad! 200fow out of Bronte? Keep me posted how today went... hopefully the storm doesn't send that cold water elsewhere.

We went out yesturday for 7 hours...6am-1pm....didnt catch or get a bite what so ever....fished infront of whitby...100-150 fow...then went to pickering...100-350fow....covered everything....speed was right...people all around us catching fish....no idea what else to try...starting to get frustrated lol

tyeetamer, thanks for the tip on 200 fow in the west part of the lake. Had a good day today. Got into some great rainbows and one fat coho. No chinook. Hit 50-150' down where it went as cold as 50F or so. Appreciate the tip! They all swam away for you to catch next time you're out.