Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.8-3.2 sog

Down Speed: 2.3-2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: 100-220'

Lure Depth: see below

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished with my good fishin buddy Anthony (Pike Hunter) out of I-Bay. Lots of boats today - looked like most were pounding the 120-200' area. We stayed east of the Bay. Two hits early right when we were setting up, then it slowed after about an hour, and then it picked up with great action between 8:30 and 10 AM when we seemed to find a nice school of fish near the basin north of Shipbuilders. We dropped a few today, it seemd like many head shakes shook them off the wires, and a few lighter hits on the riggers made it harder to land some of these beasts. Each one of our 6 rods took a hit today. We wound up with a nice 20# king and a beautiful 11#5ounce steelhead (would have tied for 20th place on the LOC but the first fish caught keeps the spot) that Anthony landed on the 400' copper of all things.

Seemed like all trolling directions produced, but west to east and east to west seemed best. Also, for the first time ever on my boat, I had a fish swin into the prop today (he swam directly at the boat like a freight train) and the prop cut the line.

Biggest king hit meat, 80' rigger, 3 green fly daisy chain behind a white 10" Spinny. The steelhead came off of the 400' copper pulling a gator SD/ ATomMik mirage fly

The following caught fish:

10 color leadcore - NK Seasick waddler spoon

400' copper - Gator SD/ Mirage Fly'

wire 175' - Nuclear green SD/ Atommik green crinkle fly

wire 200' - white green dot SD/ AtomMik Hammer fly

rigger 80' - meat

rigger 80' - DW SS Steelie Dan free slider

rigger 100' - NK 42 sec spoon down, free slider DW SS mooncricket (I think that's what its called) both took fish

Great day to be out - good luck to all - we'll be at it next weekend for the Pro-Am Open on Saturday,

- Chris

001.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

The captain Doc has done it again. His humbleness will never tell you when he broke the 100 mark for the number of fish he has caught this year on his boat.

Talk about the speedy train, I made a bonehead move when I failed to put the net in front of the x50+ MPH salmon before it made a kamikaze move into the prop.

That 11# steelhead surely has fooled me into thinking it was a 20# contender! I think it took men good 15 minutes reeling in that rascal.

Quick addition. Slow troll seems to be the theme. We had numerous hits inside the rigger and the divers while the oat turned.

As always I'm very thankful to LOU for meeting up a great buddy like Chris.

Agent orange. Same here nice meeting ya.

Safe fishing everyone!