Lots of fish on the screen, None in the boat (Port Credit)

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Sea Nymph

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):July 14

Time on Water:6:30am - 1:30pm

Weather/Temp: Sunny

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp: 74

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 1

Total Boated:1

Species Breakdown: king

Hot Lure: silver flasher w/ silver fly

Trolling Speed: 1.5 - 2.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 220 - 240

Lure Depth: 65 - 70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Well for only my thrid time out this season, I'm still having trouble getting fish to the boat. I'm seeing lots on my Lowrance Elite 5 fish finder, but just can't seem to get anything to bite. I've talk to alot of people and the advise always help, I see more fish on the finder but still nothing to the boat. Today I used everything I had and every style, from spoons to flies to even swim baits(I'll try anything), even changing from 40-60fow to 150-200 to 220-240fow, also trolling speed and direction. But at the end of the day the only one that hit and was caught was a 17.8lbs salmon on a silver fly. So I ask this to others who were fishing around the Port Credit area, was it the same luck or am I still new?

im not in the port credit area but i've been out 6 times in a row and caught 2 browns...thats all...tried all depths....speed is perfect...using flies..lures...everything...just can't seem to hit anything...marking a ton of fish though...and sometimes you can even see them follow the boat....just not biting....no idea whats going on...meanwhile...other people are catching

Howitzer

If your poppin browns your likely too slow to trigger bigger kings as well as fishing too warm of water, thats not too say that your doing anything wrong but based on my experience. Im not sure what depths your fishing but ya gotta find the cooler water. Browns like it warmer, have a look at a species temp chart and you'll see. I'm no pro buddy but thats just my two cents hope it helps check out the surface temp maps on the site.

Good luck and tight lines!

Went out of Port Credit last Tuesday & ended up 9 for 11. One small King, two 15 & 17lb, & all the rest were bows between 5 & 10lb. Started off in 150 & as soon as I got the lines down we had a double. One on the dipsy out 200' on a 5.5 Apex "Popcorn" & one off the rigger down 40' on a 4.5 chrome/green scale Apex. We moved out into 220' & got a 10lb bow down 110' on 11" Bullfrog & meat. We had hits on every rod except one, including two dipsys. All our hits came on Hot Spot products including 11" Bullfrog flasher, 5.5 Apex Watermelon, 5.5 Apex Popcorn, 4.5 Stinnson & 4.5 chrome/green scale Apex's. The one 5.5 Popcorn I had set up 5' above & behind tandem Agitator flashers on the outside port rigger. The only rod that didn't get a hit I had a 5.5 Apex Rocket which for last season & this season so far has been my top producer. Yep! I'm the Hot Spot Pro Staff for Ontario but I don't shoot the bull as far as what I get the fish on. If they come on another product that's what I say they came on.

i fished out of credit from march up until the start of the derby and every time got at least 5 fish the biggest 29lbs king many in high teens and nice bows from 4-13lbs. i trolled between 2.5 and 3 mph all on nk 28 spoons and rac spoons. orange, blk/purple, green seemed to be the colors. now in bluffs running flies and cut bait