Comon any Pro /am results

28 boats?????

No, only 27 that were in the Pro-Am. One had to drop out.

The Oswego Pro-Am was fun but the odds were stacked in favor of the the teams with the big fast boats. On Saturday many of them raced off to fish in front of Sodus and they got their 12 fish limit and raced back. The smaller and slower boats could not make that trip and as a result they ended in the bottom field.

Sunday was hard for everybody,but again the teams with the most advanced electronics could go searching for fish at a relatively high speed.

Yes, participation was fun,but I got away with the feeling this new setup is stacked against the weekend warriors. Noting that only 28 teams signed up, shows that a lot of last year's participants voted with their feet.

It is also interesting that a few weeks ago we got an e-mail informing us about the price money based on forty participating teams,while never mentioning the actual number of participants at the time.

I think that next year we will also vote with our feet.

Yup, that's why we are doing the Open division this year. Between a very large entry fee and not wanting to compete with Pro boats that I know are much better fisherman than me... it was a no go for us.

Although, I heard yesterday that if the day is a no-go due to weather, they hold a raffle to see who wins the $? That's CRAZY... just give people their money back, even if reduced due to "administration fees".

Nick

I don't remember seeing pro teams in front of Sodus. Also, finders keepers is a pretty small boat and they did great. We were very happy with everything in the open division. We were 4th on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday and won big steel and big fish on Sunday. We took home $1300 in cash and tackle prizes and about 10 free magazine subscriptions. That was way more than we expected.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

28 boats?????

The Oswego Pro-Am was fun but the odds were stacked in favor of the the teams with the big fast boats. On Saturday many of them raced off to fish in front of Sodus and they got their 12 fish limit and raced back. The smaller and slower boats could not make that trip and as a result they ended in the bottom field.

Sunday was hard for everybody,but again the teams with the most advanced electronics could go searching for fish at a relatively high speed.

Yes, participation was fun,but I got away with the feeling this new setup is stacked against the weekend warriors. Noting that only 28 teams signed up, shows that a lot of last year's participants voted with their feet.

It is also interesting that a few weeks ago we got an e-mail informing us about the price money based on forty participating teams,while never mentioning the actual number of participants at the time.

There was not one limit of kings brought to the scale so that is false. There also were maybe one or 2 teams that went to Sodus and did not get the job done. The bite in Sodus was to unpredictable. It was an offshore bite.

Weekend warriors did very well cashing checks. Yankee One and Finders Keepers just to name a few.

Also my $128.00 thru hull transducer works very well marking fish while running 27 mph...

As far as the email it did not state that there was 40 boats it was showing you what the potential was. There is a lot more here then meets the eye and I am sure going forward there will be some discussion but all in all it was a FUN tournament by all and well run, so my hats off to Dave Turner and Oswego County for putting on a great tourney once again and if you missed it, well your loss.

Capt. Brian

Team Tall Tails

28 boats?????

Well I must admit, my transducer cost $200, so sorry for putting everyone at a disadvantage.

But the funny thing is I took 75% of my two 12 fish boxes 4 miles form Oswego Harbor!

And I am a weekend warrior. Thats your perception of what happened, not reality.

Thanks to Dave and the commitee for a great event.

I concur, most of our fish were within 4 miles of Oswego. Fast? Funny! Dave Turner and wife Veronica are a dedicated pair. Yes big changes are needed, but we decided not to take our toys and go home just yet. Many of us are hoping it gets turned around, visiting O town and Sodus has become a yearly high point for our team members--most of which are very casual anglers.

Two teams went past port bay Saturday. One of them was on their way back towards Oswego at 830 without their fish. Sodus was far from the place to be on Saturday. Its always the same complaints. Ask some of the top finishers how expensive and high tech their boats are. They would laugh.

Fast & Silver is right. You don't need the highest end equipment to do well. It boils down to the decisions you make and how well you can adapt to the changing conditions Lake O throws at you. Learn your boat, how to effectively run your gear, and continue to learn from others! ;)

27 teams seems pretty low to me ...especially in a big fishing community like Oswego....I can remember bringing the rig to O town for the Pro am and there were at least that number .....just in the amature side.. anybody have a theory why the low numbers?

Congrats to Jerry Rob and the rest of Runnin rebel.....

I concur, most of our fish were within 4 miles of Oswego. Fast? Funny! Dave Turner and wife Veronica are a dedicated pair. Yes big changes are needed, but we decided not to take our toys and go home just yet. Many of us are hoping it gets turned around, visiting O town and Sodus has become a yearly high point for our team members--most of which are very casual anglers.

I thought this year was supposed to be the big changes to make it better? It should just go back to the way it was... :talk:

Should be Niagra and Rochester with the old rules......done,

27 teams seems pretty low to me ...especially in a big fishing community like Oswego....I can remember bringing the rig to O town for the Pro am and there were at least that number .....just in the amature side.. anybody have a theory why the low numbers?

Congrats to Jerry Rob and the rest of Runnin rebel.....

It my feeling that there was nothing wrong with the original setup of the pro-am.

The economy went down the drain and that started in 2007. The pro-ams suffered a hard blow because of it.

It is however very bad policy to make it more expensive when the economy is bad and yet hope for more participation.

If the cost would have been lowered with lower winnings, there probably would have been a lot more teams who would have happily competed in the original setup.

It is never a good idea to make things more expensive and thereby more exclusive when money is tight.

On another note, I just reread my original post and quite frankly, it smells of poor sportsmanship. I would like to apologize if I hurt any ones feelings because most of my comments were uncalled for.

My team fished 3 miles towards fairhaven on sat and 4 miles straight out for the first 3 hours on sun. We boxed out with browns on sat, 202 points. 11th place. After watching the weigh in on sat, I decided we needed a kicker fish. So we went out and got the 22lber about 8:30. Ran in and had 4 hours to box out on browns. 1 hour left to go and all we needed was 3, any size. Never got another fish. Finished 12th. If I went and.fished.my 200 point brown box on sun, we would have finished in 5 or 6th on the over all classic box. Captains decision. Its tough! AND I HAVENT FIshed OSWEGO IN A YEAR! No excuse guys not to enter. We did decent and just missed. I charter on Cayuga guys. No excuse not to enter a 4 man team. 3 days of fishing including all fees, gas lunch cost us 330 bucks a man.

RR

Does anybody know what boat took off heading West at about Mach 10 in front of the entire pack on Sunday?

Richie Nau 's Praying Mantis has those twin 250's on that Steigercraft, but I think he floats out of Mexico Bay. Subway bars on that thing!!! Hang on!!! :o