BLOOD RUN COPPER

Wanted to start a discussion about what guys that are using it think about this brand of copper.

After loosing 900' of my old copper in one weekend, I ordered a spool to give it a try, as soon as it arrives I am planning on spooling it up and fishing it.

I've heard good things about it from people running it. I kinda want to hear how you lost 900 though.... :lol:

Running it on Otter Boards in a crowd??? :lol:

I guess if the mayor says no boards he means no boards!

I could run them in my private lake by myself and the mayor would still hate us for it.

MAYOR PAUL,

HE Let me off one day with a verbal warning,said next time i'd be lookin across the bench from him!!! Ut Oh that means he's the judge too....

But if ya leave port on anything but a 330 heading you should be ok.. :lol:

LOL Ray. I'm definitely NOT "the Mayor" Rick is referring to. More like "the referee" in this melee. :@ And its not always a 330----been doing a lot of 30's this year so watch out! :devil:

I've heard good things about it from people running it. I kinda want to hear how you lost 900 though.... :lol:

Well.............................With plausible deniability I may have:

Lost the 600' on a backing malfunction (Fish)

Lost 100' off my 500, hit run snap (Fish)

Lost 300' on a turn fishing for BT (Bottom)

If anyone wraps a copper in their prop and there is a MOONSHINE on it............call your own insuance company!!...................'Cuz it ain't mine!!!

initial review: Got the product yesterday. I spooled one reel with 400' of 45# and others with 300' and 150' of the 32#.

I really like the 32# and the way it fits/seats on the reels. Gave some to 3 other captains to run and test over the weekend before I take the plunge into redoing all my copper sets.

Yup...what Carl said. I have a Penn 309 loaded with 600 ft. 30 lb. and the depth it gets to is nearly the same. About 2 feet less than 45 on every 100 feet out. It just has less resistance in the water than 45 lb which has the density advantage over the same footage. I do like the lighter copper as well.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

Super impressed with 45 Super -- Loaded 200' + backing onto a reel -- tangled in so bad both the backing and leader swivel were wrapped around my dipsy flasher, wadded all 200' into a ball and threw it into my trash bucket...................................

...THEN...

at the end of the day when dumping my trash bucket.....I thought.....I'm going to try to unravel it..........45 min later I was loading all 200' unspliced back onto my reel....TRUE STORY there were witnesses.......................Can you do that with your copper????

Amazing Carl!.....jeezzer....I tossed a wad off the boat a couple months ago off my 200...:wondering: ..maybe I can find it and play rubics cube with it as well :thinking:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If it was the "Blood Run" stuff you may have a chance, the orange copper kinks too much to undergo the abuse of untangling.