Hot Lure: white sd/hammer fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0 surface speed

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 110-160

Lure Depth: riggers 45/50/75/80. Wire 215, 225

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Decided to take a co worker that just retired out as a retirement gift. After seeing fellow firefighter Chris of the ScottsmanII at the Kendall parade I got some advice on where to start. THANKS CHRIS! We started in 110' off Braddocks and it didn't take long before the action started. 1st fish was a small king on the 215' wire with a clear dipsey w/o ring, white SD/hammer fly. This combo took most of the fish as it has for me all year. Did loose a nice one on the 225' wire which had a black dipsey, black SD w/ green dots, and a white atommik fly. Lost 3 total on the day. Only had one hit on a spoon and that was a NK MAG Diehard on 50 rigger. That was one we lost. Switched over to 4 SD/Fly program and only 2 spoons. Had 5 hits on sd/flies on riggers but right after the release there was nothing there. The guy I took out wants to try salmon fishing on his boat so after a rigger release with no one home I talked him through resetting the line. 30 seconds after he sets the NBK SD/sweet pea fly down 81 it fires and this time someone was there. We did best in 140'. Keep a king and rainbow for smoking. Nothing big but just glad to be out. Any ideas on why the sd/fly rigger hits with no one home? Thanks, Rick.

0714120747.jpg

0714120933.jpg

Tighten those releases down. Not sure what kind your running, but we run blacks and tighten them down pretty good. Enough so that you can really load up your rod and it wont false release.

Nice job though!

A-Lure-A, I fished on July 4th in 215 FOW and caught all big ones. We stayed in 140 FOW because were heard rumors of lake turning. We saw some boats our deeper and some shallower. Figured we were staying busy so we stayed put but thanks for the info.

Yankee, I will try to tighten the releases. I run Blacks also. I think your brother lives near me since I see the Yankee Troller cooler in the driveway near the yellow boat, and I read your posts about fishing on the boat. I could be wrong.

Thanks again for all your help. Because of this site I have increased my fishing skills greatly. I never fished wire and sd/flies, now I catch 90% of my fish on them.

Rick

Yankee, I will try to tighten the releases. I run Blacks also. I think your brother lives near me since I see the Yankee Troller cooler in the driveway near the yellow boat, and I read your posts about fishing on the boat. I could be wrong.

Nope, that's my house. Double Trouble is our Spring/Fall boat....lol

Nice to know I have someone with lots of experience right around the corner. I live on the new section of Creighton Lane across from the pond. Boat in is the driveway. Stop by some day so I can thank you for your help.

Rick