Hot Lure: spoons - DW Bloody Death II & DW Orange Tranny

Trolling Speed: 2.4

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 120

Lure Depth: 60 & 45

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took my wife out trolling with us for the first time & predicted bfr we left that we'd do well - because we left the camera home. Set up in 80 fow & trolled NE to 110. Someone straight off the mouth at about 110 hailed us by name and spoke to Charlie while I was rigging - I didn't catch who it was (if you're out there...). The action was pretty slow but we had bait and a few marks here and there. We swung West eventually and stayed at 120 fow nearly to Charlotte, watching the sun drop for the horizon. Thank God we didn't just pull the lines then and run back to port!

We've just pointed the boat at the city skyline and the port rigger fired. Charlie grabbed it and started reeling, obviously hooked up to a good fish. I'm spewing unwanted advice, my wife is asking what's happening (at the wheel, under the bimini top) and there goes the starboard rigger - the boat's first double! Mine's hit the slider, I realize - I pull in 15 feet of slack line as fast as I can, set the hook and have a screamer - he heads for Canada, ripping out 250 feet in 30 seconds. I can tell it's the biggest fish I've connected with.

Charlie lands his new boat-record big fish, a sweet 19lb king. I think I netted it for him - I don't really remember ;) . Thirty minutes later and the record's broken again. I finally caught my first major! :clap: Now I want one on the leaderboard :$

19lb and 25lb double

King_double_7_15_12_A.jpg

King_double_7_15_12_B.jpg

Great job! It's funny how a slow day of fishing can be forgotten about, with a half hour of mayhem at the back of the boat!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

My wife finally got to see what all the fuss is about. We're out again tonight - at her suggestion. :lol:

Thats awesome. My wife gets bad motion sickness, so its very rare I can drag her out. Would be great to double dip on fishing time and Quality time!

She's definitely a fair-weather fisherwoman but she's been complaining this season about being a fishing widow. Now I hear bow season opens 10/01 this year - I wonder if she'll hunt? :devil:

Thanks for all the feedback. We've received a lot information and encouragement from the members of LOU. It's just taken a while for us to start tying it all together :(

Hey, congrats man, I knew you would get your first 20+ very soon. Feels pretty good, doesn't it!! Now you have to shoot for the TYEE with me. I am two pounds away from one! :):D:yes::yes:

Cool - 4.? pounds to go. I'll be back from vacation in time to shop for a fall derby seat - my usual ride will be at bear camp through August.