Cortland Flea Flicker line gone???

I was told by Sharon at Narbys (Oak O) that Cortland may be out of business and that Flea Flicker line is no longer available. Shoot, now what??

That stuff works pretty well. I was told to try straight big game 20-30 lb but wont that get fleas and less hits too? Why doesnt anyone else make this?

I found it online and ordered it but by the time I paid shipping it was 17 bucks a spool. Sh*&t! I hear mixed reports about wether 30 lb big game works for fleas and if the # of hits decreases. My instincts say it would but I dont dispute anything anyone claims.

I found it online and ordered it but by the time I paid shipping it was 17 bucks a spool. Sh*&t! I hear mixed reports about wether 30 lb big game works for fleas and if the # of hits decreases. My instincts say it would but I dont dispute anything anyone claims.

I do well on hits using 30 lb.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

For the 100th time, dont get 30#a ff! It sucks. I use 20#ff and have not seen a flea on that stuff in the 3 years ive been using it. Before using it, the fleas were getting on my 30# big game. So i switched.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Awesome. Thanks!

I am going to order some while I still can. I've spooled up with some 50lb Trilene Big Game, and that keeps the fleas away really well, but that stuff is really thick for tying knots and has a lot of memory.

What I've done for years on my rigger rods is fill the spool most of the way with 17 lb Trilene XT 300-350 yds or so, then splice in 120 feet or so of 30 lb big game with a back to back uni knot to cover the length between the rod tip and the release, then a small (50 lb test, #8 I think) spro power swivel and 6 feet of so of 20 lb fluorocarbon with just a snap to the lure. it's the best of all worlds, no flea issues and you have adequate line on the reel for when you get a serious screamer on the line. Works for both spoons and flasher fly rigs, haven't lost a fish due to break off ever that I can recall. My rigger reels are Shimano Triton TR200G's.

I use these the same way in the spring for running the boards along the shore for browns, except I drop down to about 10' of 10 lb fluoro at the terminal end. The large diameter 30 lb keeps the stickbaits from diving too deep and hanging bottom in the shallow water.

I've used FF on other people's boats and never cared for it myself.

Tim

Ontario fish are not line shy. I caught loads of browns this weekend on 40lb ande! No fleas either. On Cayuga its 50lb but that's too heavy and I just leader em down to 20 flouro, 6 ft. Does the trick.

Just not a fan of the ff.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I have a hard time believing 40 lb line wouldnt lessen your hits. I guess if they are feeding in low light it might not matter as much but on clear, sunny, calm days its got to maker a negative difference. Ive got too many years on the water to tell me otherwise. Hey whatever works for you, go for it.

Don't you use 30 or 40 between dipsey and flasher? I have no problems with the 30 lbs ff. I use uni to uni knots. It's almost impossible to tie a knot onto a small spro swivel. I do what Tim does with a 200 ft section of the ff tied onto 20 lbs big game then a leader.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I am ussing 50 pound leaders to my flies so I can not see a 40 pound main line being a cause for less hits. Again I use 30 pound main line when the fleas show up.

Ok Guys here is your answer on Flea Flicker... I just stopped at the cortland outlet store in Cortland. The owner there said that it is by no means discontinued or going to be. He said the factory is just having a hard time keeping up with demand and that they have a shortage of the resin they make it out of right now.