Need some input from the pros. Been using Daiwa Great Lakes Reels for my wire dipsey set up with 40 lb copper wire stranded. Reels are not holding up very well. Can anyone suggest what reel they are using with good results over a long period of time . I realize everyone has their own favorite but it would give a starting point . Thanks

The newer Daiwa SG47 LCA is a great choice (roughly $95). Another good one is the Shimano Tekota (roughly $170). I use the Daiwa's exclusively and love them. The older Great Lakes are a good reel, but yours may just need a re-furb.

For what it's worth, I tested two of the new Daiwa Accudepth Plus reels on my wire rods this year and they held up fantastically...for $49 you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality reel.

Diawa SG47LC has worked great for us for 4 years now with no problems.... I am sure there may be other good ones out here but for the money I bought 2 more of these this year for my mono rods....

Bruce

I bought a couple of the new accudepth models and used them this year and they are good reels so far. I'll tell you where you cant go wrong also is using Cabelas depthmaster reels. If anything fails on them, cabelas has always been good about replacing stuff.

We have had great sucess with Sealines 47LC for wire, and we also like the new accudepth 47 plus for power pro dipsys. We picked up 4 of the accudepth plus reels this spring and they are nice for the money.

I have heard noting but good things about the shimano tekotas but at $160 each they are out of my price range.

We used the Tekota 600LC's this year with 30lb stainless and they performed fantastically!! A bit pricey, but I highly recommend them if you can swing the $$ for them!! The drags are super smooth, they retrieve fast, and they feel great when you have a monster on the end of the wire!! :P