Irondequoit Bay Help!!

A friend of mine at work just got his first boat and takes his wife fishing on the weekends on Irondequiot Bay. A 14 foot aluminum

He tells me he is not having any luck at all finding bass and panfish!!..not sure how this is possible but I had some tough days a trollin too

I wish I could help but actually have only been out there once years ago and wouldn't know the first thing as far as where to go in the bay, what baits work?

Can anyone offer some suggestions? He would be happy with any type of fish I am sure after 3 attempts and getting very discouraged.

Thanks ahead!

Took the kids out Sunday in the light rain...got on the water and realized I forgot my tackle boxes.....nice...welll had enough hooks and split shots in the glove box to get a few lines out for the kids with night crawlers...just drifted the west side of the bay 15-25 fow and picked up a gazillion panfish and a few nice large mouth..... biggest problem i see in the bay is the boat traffic on the weekends

i live on the bay and fish it all the time. im having zero luck this year. no bass. no pike. no walleye. in prior years, i would catch several of each, every night off the dock

water too hot? too low? both

not getting even a nibble

THE FISH ARE THERE, GETTING THEM TO BITE IS ANOTHER STORY. Try worm harnesses during the day in 12-24 fow and stickbaits in shallow in the evening. I got a 4lb. and 7 1/2 lb. 'eye during the daytime last week.

Using rubber worms on the harness will keep the white perch from stealing the bait.

This is a tough year, however, do not be afraid to change your pattern. Once you find the pattern, you will be pleasantly rewarded. I still say go deep in Ibay. BTW. I have abandoned two of my favorite bass patterns already. I had to. Part of the fun for me is catching fish. This is the year of non tradition. Got a switch it up. Good luck man. Tight lines.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :D , I am transferring the info to Dan. He fishes with his wife in the am out of their 14footer and I am setting him up with an old FF I had in the garage, gotta at least know the depth!! He is also new to boating in general so a learning curve to climb.

I really need to trailer up there and take him out we just can't get our weekends lined up but we will soon. :yes:

Got my first walleye of the year tonight. 11pm in 4 ft of water. So I guess they are there but not very aggressive and in few numbers. Maybe more will start coming in to the shallows if it stays cloudy during the day. Got it on an old jointed crank bait, orange as usual

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png