Hot Lure: White echip/Moonshine Blue shorts fly

Trolling Speed: 2.6 - 3.5

Down Speed: 2.8

Boat Depth: 100 - 160

Lure Depth: 65-95

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Headed right out to 140 fow and set lines while heading into the wind and waves. Marked some fish but not many. First rod to go was a real Toad that took the echip/moonshine fly at 78', in 51 degree water. While fighting this fish another king hit the MOONSHINE Silver Carbon down 88' and we netted the fish one right after the other. The first fish was our largest female to date easily a 30# class fish. The waves made it difficult to work the spot although on the next pass the fisherman tried to reel the flasher and fish through the eyes of the rod, lifting the fish toward the transom, as I reached for the fly leader FISHINMAN TOM's Custom tied leader failed as one of the treble hooks broke off in the fishes mouth resulting in the rod snapping up and burrying one of the other trebles into my finger.

(NOTE to charter clients: hooking the captain will result in temporary suspension of fishing activity for an undefined amount of time.)

I cut the fly off and forced the fisherman to pull a section of 20# against the barb as I "fished" the hook back out of my finger. That was the end of the excitment for the day as we picked on steelhead and small salmon the rest of the day. The hot steelhead rig was the dipsy 190 - 220 with the black dot/greendot spinny and the Moonshine Carbon 14 fly.

Wow,

Not sure how to read in to this report. I guess it's great you got out and caught fish but it sure doesn't sound too enjoyable to remove a treble from one's hand. JK thanks for the reports Captain Carl planning on Thursday figured temps drop with the strong blow

I guess it's great you got out and caught fish

Nothing great about today, just part of the story. You will have to figure the rest out from this statement:

If anyone needs 300' of 14 strand 60# SS wire, I know where you can get some!!

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Left my camera home, the guys thought it would have been good to have a picture of the finger hook, but after I got it out. I wasn't about to put it back in!!

Do you think Tom the FISHINMAN has product liability Insurance.......I wouldn't mind taking the next 3 day of NE wind off from work and collect a check!!!!