Hot Lure: BFuller

Trolling Speed: 3.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100

Lure Depth: 80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Tried to beat the storm - got out for and hour and a half. Water turned over big time, surface temp was 58. Considering it was 84 off Oakville yesterday that's a drastic turnover! Locating fish was a battle in itself. Hit 2 back to back a 28 and a 23 around 9pm before the weather socked in. Green and Glow Bfuller took both fish.

Tight lines !

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Heading out tomorrow morning but getting mixed reports of what to expect. Environment Canada has a strong wind warning in effect (waves one meter) while Wind Finder is only calling for 7 knots or so (waves 0.5m or less). How close do you live to the lake? Is she still rough and miserable from yesterday's storm? We're taking a colleague of mine out who hasn't been fishing since they were very little. Don't want to take them out when it's all rough and no fun.

She was dead calm this morning and has remained that was for the day. It's been very unsettled but tomorrow looks beauty! If it's a west wind the waves will be min as they will only build from Hamilton. Work the 100 mark - depending on what happened to the surface temp today. Good luck and let me know if the water has turned over again.

My only concern is for the forecasts given:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=11&siteID=08207

They're calling for a NE wind at 20 kts. Meanwhile Windfiner is calling for NE at 5 or 6:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/burlington_piers

Not sure what to do. Normally it'd be a wake-up and make a decision then, but not really an option. Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. I'll wait and see how the weather/forecast plays out tonight. If we do head out I'll be sure to let you know how it goes and what the temperature profile is like.

All the best.

What time are you planning on going ? I can shoot you a message on conditions on route to work at 7:00 depending on how early your going. We've had no luck before 8am. Been out for 4am on and havnt hit finsh untill 8-11.

Happy to help out.

Meeting my colleague at 5:45am near Guelph. Meeting my partner in crime with the boat at Bronte and QEW at 6:15am. That was the plan originally. Don't really want to wait until 7 to leave. That wouldn't put us on the water until 8:30 or so and right in the zoo of commuter traffic. I doubt we'll make it out tomorrow. Environment Canada just upped the wave forecast to 1-1.5m waves. Even if they're 50% on the heavy side that's a bit much for a 17' boat considering the first-time fisherman coming aboard. Again, greatly appreciate the feedback. I'm going to see what the forecast is come 9pm but as of now we're likely Toronto-Maple-Leaf'd (screwed).

Decided against going as I said. Small craft warning for tomorrow morning. It's really weird. Waves are "nf" up to Thursday morning at which point a small craft warning is out (according to one marine forecasting website). Likely would go if it were just to two of us, but as we're bringing a colleague of mine we're going to pass and go early next week. Thanks again for the info. Out of curiosity, I'd like to know what it is like tomorrow at 7am on your commute to work. If you don't mind.