Hot Lure: Glow Frog & Bloody Death SS

Trolling Speed: 2.9

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 75 - 200

Lure Depth: 30 - 90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Decided to give it a try even tho there were alot of storms brewing just South of us all day. Started in 75 FOW, not a good screen and not good temps so pointed her North. Picked up 4 skippys and still no screen and temps too high out around 200 FOW. Most boats had given up by the time the rain hit, it lasted about 20 minutes, by then we wanted to try some shallow water again. In around 100 FOW we had 45 degree water down 80, and some bait above. 225 Dipsy started screaming, and took me into the backing right away (have only 270' of wire on that rig + backing) watched the knot go in and out a few times before taking control of this fish, landing a 19 lb. King.

King_7_15_12.jpg

Got rods reset and and swung back thu the same stretch of water and I hear the 225 Dipsy take another ride. This one was way into the backing and I eventually got some wire back on the spool, only to see the knot rip back out thru the guides once again and "PING" the knot gives up. ;( I guess too many high speed rips thru the eyelets? Going to spool it with 1000 feet this time around! :yes:

Looking at the approaching storm, we had time for one more pass thru that stretch and immediately hooked into double Steelies, around 7 Lbs. Kept the lines in the water on the way in and at 70 FOW, picked up a fat Brown to round out the day.

No strikes on video, but a couple lookers and a bit of the doubleheader viewed from just under the surface.

Cool video. How long are you streaching your fly behind the spinny? Looks kind of long in the vid. Usually 21-24" this time of year is best.

Pretty sure that one is set at 24. We also tried 20 and 19 that day, it ended up being an all spoon bite for us.

Cool video. How long are you streaching your fly behind the spinny? Looks kind of long in the vid. Usually 21-24" this time of year is best.

Some days I get more action on a fly that is about 40" behind the paddle. Seems to change every day.

Photo005.jpg

Ok my herbie is uglyer than yours took a "rasp" to the tail area flattened a spot and used a "all stainless" clamp.

this is a 10lber i dipped its nose in lead to build up to 12lb.. Ill name Mine BUFFY then ill call it" Rays Buffy Cam" should get a lot of hits.. :lol:

Nice stuff! I have some video and havnt figured out the best software for editing? What do you use? It works great.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Windows Movie Maker. And its free too. ;)

Photo005.jpg

Ok my herbie is uglyer than yours took a "rasp" to the tail area flattened a spot and used a "all stainless" clamp.

this is a 10lber i dipped its nose in lead to build up to 12lb.. Ill name Mine BUFFY then ill call it" Rays Buffy Cam" should get a lot of hits.. :lol:

A little uglier? Looks like it might work, but no underwater buffy vids!

Might want to put a safety wire on that...